The Student Room Group

student loan eligibility

Hello!My husband is a first year student and his application for student loan was denied. He is from El Salvador, Central America but family member of an EU citizen (myself) for almost two years. Although he lives in London for many years (we have proof) his application has been denied because we were not married in 2014. One of their requirements is for the student to have lived in UK in the last three years, and he did. Can we appeal their decision? Thank you! Cornelia
Original post by lia_strassburger
Hello!My husband is a first year student and his application for student loan was denied. He is from El Salvador, Central America but family member of an EU citizen (myself) for almost two years. Although he lives in London for many years (we have proof) his application has been denied because we were not married in 2014. One of their requirements is for the student to have lived in UK in the last three years, and he did. Can we appeal their decision? Thank you! Cornelia

Hi Cornelia,

I believe my colleague Louise has responded to your query on the other thread you created.

Regards,

Stuart
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply