The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by irony99
Welcome rejects!

New thread here :smile:
Reply 2
R.I.P. I have an interview for Cambridge engineering. Just came here to check the thread. Sorry
Original post by irony99
Welcome rejects!

Got rejected by Jesus for Education pre-interview, don't really know why as around 5 people apply yearly and they say they invite 80 % of applicants for interview. I might as well be the only one rejected pre-interview in the course at Jesus.

Received offer from all other unis (Durham, UCL, Birmingham, Southampton)

I think I've been rejected too I haven't heard anything yet and it's getting quite late now
Reply 4
Hi! I've been rejected for Biological Natural Sciences but I intend to ask for re-evaluation. I've got the final form of the email but haven't send it yet. Is there a limit of time for sending it? (by that I'm asking if I can do it tomorrow instead of now ).
Does anybody else intend to do this?
Original post by Neko猫
Hi! I've been rejected for Biological Natural Sciences but I intend to ask for re-evaluation. I've got the final form of the email but haven't send it yet. Is there a limit of time for sending it? (by that I'm asking if I can do it tomorrow instead of now ).

Why are you asking for reevaluation? I'm afraid that I don't know if there is a time limit, but I would guess that the sooner the better.
Original post by zeldor711
Why are you asking for reevaluation? I'm afraid that I don't know if there is a time limit, but I would guess that the sooner the better.

No sorry I mean I haven't heard from Cambridge for an interview and I assume I've been rejected as they send out the interviews quite early
Reply 7
I wanna add new exams and earn a few more days while I can still hope for them to change their decision ( in this case it's like the principle of Schrodinger's Cat I'm both accepted and rejected until the final decision). I know that's a little crazy, but I'm always doing that( contesting grades at school exams and olympiads)
Original post by kullysing16
I think I've been rejected too I haven't heard anything yet and it's getting quite late now

Colleges are still sending out notification.
Haven’t heard yet does NOT mean you are rejected.
Reply 9
Original post by Neko猫

You would need to ask your college.

Posted from TSR Mobile
No sorry I mean I haven't heard from Cambridge for an interview and I assume I've been rejected as they send out the interviews quite early

I wasn't replying to you :biggrin:. Don't assume anything - the college will let you know once you've made a decision (they will not wait longer if it is a rejection).
Reply 11
I didn't know that t was possible to ask for a reevaluation? I would definitely do that, if it were possible. Got my rejection on Monday.
Original post by irony99
I didn't know that t was possible to ask for a reevaluation? I would definitely do that, if it were possible. Got my rejection on Monday.

“...... I'd remind you, however, that academic decisions will only be reviewed if there is significant new evidence or it is clear that we've not followed our procedures.”

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5041574&page=12#post74708442

Sorry for rejection.
Very best of luck with your applications to,other universities. As someone who is good enough to apply to Cambridge, I’m sure you’ll get offers from other great universities, too. :smile:
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Neko猫
I wanna add new exams and earn a few more days while I can still hope for them to change their decision ( in this case it's like the principle of Schrodinger's Cat I'm both accepted and rejected until the final decision). I know that's a little crazy, but I'm always doing that( contesting grades at school exams and olympiads)

Just to remind you......:wink:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5041574&page=7#post74623734

If I had a penny for every time I've heard people say this I could get a lot of people very drunk...

When I applied I didn't hear back about my interview until November 25th, and other people who successfully got in didn't hear until December 2nd. Please relax and wait to hear :smile:
Reply 15

I am also still waiting for any response. Is it possible to hear nothing from college ?
Thanks I'm just really stressed I'd rather just get a rejection and it be over and done with it so I can focus on my exams
Original post by Parliament
If I had a penny for every time I've heard people say this I could get a lot of people very drunk...

When I applied I didn't hear back about my interview until November 25th, and other people who successfully got in didn't hear until December 2nd. Please relax and wait to hear :smile:
(edited 6 years ago)
I don't know but I'm nervous because when I sent off written work I ask for a receipt and I didn't receive one so I'm paranoid they didn't get my work and this waiting is just stressing me out so much.
Original post by Nick98
I am also still waiting for any response. Is it possible to hear nothing from college ?
Reply 18
I don't know but I'm nervous because when I sent off written work I ask for a receipt and I didn't receive one so I'm paranoid they didn't get my work and this waiting is just stressing me out so much.

If they hadn't received it they would have chased you up. Chill.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
Original post by Parliament

My friend emailed Cambridge and he got rejected but until today he keeps on getting emails (not spam) from them as if he wasn't rejected. Mind shedding some light on this?

Latest

Trending

Trending