The Student Room Group

Student Finance Decision

I have uploaded my student finance application ages ago. I have send all the documents and forms required and the status of the application is submitted. I am keep on receiving e-mails from my college that I have outstanding fees for the course that I am currently doing. I have not heard from student finance about the decision that has been made. That is worrying as I used to have everything sorted by this time last year as well as year before. I will be very pleased if you could give me any information on whenever the decision will be made and when the money will be paid towards my college as well as my account.
Original post by miska.1972
I have uploaded my student finance application ages ago. I have send all the documents and forms required and the status of the application is submitted. I am keep on receiving e-mails from my college that I have outstanding fees for the course that I am currently doing. I have not heard from student finance about the decision that has been made. That is worrying as I used to have everything sorted by this time last year as well as year before. I will be very pleased if you could give me any information on whenever the decision will be made and when the money will be paid towards my college as well as my account.

Hi miska.1972

When did you submit your application to Student Finance and what documents did you send and when did you send them?

Thanks

Louise
Reply 2
The application was submitted on 1st of August. I did send my ID and declaration form on the beginning of September. Then I have been asked to send the Eligibility Evidence which I have also send 6 weeks ago. Then I have been asked to update Repayment Confirmation Letter/Assessment Form Pack which I have done as well and now I am waiting for some kind of decision. It is hard for me as I do not work and have to travel to college a long distance which I have to pay for, so I am keep on borrowing money from my family. The thing is that the college is keep on reminding me about the outstanding fees which makes me nervous and stressed and that affects my studies . So I would be very thankful if you could give any advice what shall I do.

Thanks

Dominika
The application was submitted on 1st of August. I did send my ID and declaration form on the beginning of September. Then I have been asked to send the Eligibility Evidence which I have also send 6 weeks ago. Then I have been asked to update Repayment Confirmation Letter/Assessment Form Pack which I have done as well and now I am waiting for some kind of decision. It is hard for me as I do not work and have to travel to college a long distance which I have to pay for, so I am keep on borrowing money from my family. The thing is that the college is keep on reminding me about the outstanding fees which makes me nervous and stressed and that affects my studies . So I would be very thankful if you could give any advice what shall I do.

Thanks

Dominika

Hi Dominika,

What sort of evidence did you send? You've said 'eligibility evidence' but was it in relation to ID, residency, previous qualification, etc?

Different types of evidence have different processing timescales so depending on what has been sent it may still be in the queue.

Thanks,

Stuart
Reply 4
Residency evidence. So I have send the documents which proves that I am here more than 3 years. Those I have send probably 6 weeks from now on.
Residency evidence. So I have send the documents which proves that I am here more than 3 years. Those I have send probably 6 weeks from now on.

Hi Dominika,

I would have expected that you would have had some response by now for residency evidence.

As we don't have access to individual accounts here I'm unable to check on the progress of your evidence.

If you give us a call on 0300 100 0607 one of my colleagues will be able to have a look at your application and discuss the status with you.

Regards,

Stuart
Reply 6
I just checked the status on my profile and it says that my application has been approved and payments ready to be made.

Thank you very much for your time and help.

Dominika

Quick Reply

Latest