Want £10K to start a business?

Watch
discobish
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Course you do! Image

If you're aged 16-30 and have an idea for a business (or want to grow an existing one), enter Youngtrepreneurs' Start-Up Business Competition and £10,000 could be yours!

To enter, you'll just need to submit a short proposal herebefore the 17th December 2017 - exciting!ImageImageImage

Is starting your own business on your bucket list?

Do you think you'll enter the competition?

(PS - extra info about the competition can also be found on the link above!)
tamil fever
Badges: 20
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by discobish)
Course you do! Image

If you're aged 16-30 and have an idea for a business (or want to grow an existing one), enter Youngtrepreneurs Network's Start-Up Business Competition and £10,000 could be yours!

To enter, you'll just need to submit a short proposal herebefore the 17th December 2017 - exciting!ImageImageImage

what if your sixteen after December the 17th?
or can u tell me again when it comes again next year?
Lepidolite
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Nope it’s not on my bucket list and no I don’t think I’ll be applying.

What about 10x £1000/ 20x £500 cash prizes that have to be spent on education instead, since this is a forum for students.
username2911200
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Course you do! Image

If you're aged 16-30 and have an idea for a business (or want to grow an existing one), enter Youngtrepreneurs Network's Start-Up Business Competition and £10,000 could be yours!

I guarantee the winning entry will be some kind of bazaar selling tat which has always been someone's 'dream'. The business will fail because of an oversaturated market and this whole thing will be a waste of everybody's time and money.
discobish
Rep:
?
(Original post by tamil fever)
what if your sixteen after December the 17th?
or can u tell me again when it comes again next year?
Hmmm I think you may have to be 16+ at the time of entering (they'll probs ask your date of birth!)

Could always check on the website or message them and ask
discobish
Rep:
?
(Original post by Lepidolite)

What about 10x £1000/ 20x £500 cash prizes that have to be spent on education instead, since this is a forum for students.
Just thought it might be of interest to some people
Lemur14
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Lepidolite)

I'm pretty sure TSR isn't funding it, so they can't decide to change the purpose of the money
discobish
Rep:
?
(Original post by Glassapple)
I guarantee the winning entry will be some kind of bazaar selling tat which has always been someone's 'dream'. The business will fail because of an oversaturated market and this whole thing will be a waste of everybody's time and money.
Or it could go well
discobish
Rep:
?
(Original post by Lemur14)
I'm pretty sure TSR isn't funding it, so they can't decide to change the purpose of the money
To clarify, TSR is not funding it lol.

It's a completely unrelated company that is running a competition. Thought it could be of interest to some of our members, perhaps
username2911200
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Or it could go well
It won't. They'll give it some 19 year old called Courtney who knows nothing about business but loves her textiles course at university. It's always been her dream to run a business that sells 'nice' things made of fabric and general overpriced tat. It will fail.
adamantacademic
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I urge other users to have some decency & respect, discobish has kindly presented an opportunity which can serve young budding entrepreneurs well!
discobish
Rep:
?
It won't. They'll give it some 19 year old called Courtney who knows nothing about business but loves her textiles course at university. It's always been her dream to run a business that sells 'nice' things made of fabric and general overpriced tat. It will fail.
It's open to anyone in the UK between the ages of 16 and 30, so Courtney might have to get her funding elsewhere.

(Original post by adamantacademic)
I urge other users to have some decency & respect, discobish has kindly presented an opportunity which can serve young budding entrepreneurs well!
Aw thanks mate.
Lepidolite
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
To clarify, TSR is not funding it lol.

It's a completely unrelated company that is running a competition. Thought it could be of interest to some of our members, perhaps
Ohh, ok I’m sorry I didn’t mean any offence. I totally agree it will be useful to some users here for sure, thanks for posting!
Jesse Lingard
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Course you do! Image

If you're aged 16-30 and have an idea for a business (or want to grow an existing one), enter Youngtrepreneurs' Start-Up Business Competition and £10,000 could be yours!

I run an eBay business full time, is reselling worthy of applying?
DrSebWilkes
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
The guy I tagged is in desperate need to create a business that finds quotes from religious texts. I'm not sure he needs the money though, but I'll guide him here nevertheless.

Maybe he should ask his soon-to-be headmaster of Eton for some help?
tamil fever
?
Report 3 years ago
Hmmm I think you may have to be 16+ at the time of entering (they'll probs ask your date of birth!)

Could always check on the website or message them and ask
is it on next year too?
physicseastldn
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by DrSebWilkes)
The guy I tagged is in desperate need to create a business that finds quotes from religious texts. I'm not sure he needs the money though, but I'll guide him here nevertheless.

Maybe he should ask his soon-to-be headmaster of Eton for some help?

**** thanks

This looks awesome
VeniViciVidi
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Lol, if it is that easy, why don't you do it?
icequeenTM
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
10k to start a business LMAOOOOOOOO
quasa
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Course you do! Image

Are there any educational restrictions (I was denied Princes Trust despite being in the age group due to me getting an (undergrad) Masters when I was 21)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (322)
57.09%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (78)
13.83%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (63)
11.17%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (51)
9.04%
I haven't started researching yet (28)
4.96%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (22)
3.9%

Watched Threads