sienna sully
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I'm thinking of applying to York, Leeds, Sheffield, Lincoln and Nottingham. I'm happy with all my choices except for York I've heard its a really beautiful city but its boring. Wanted to hear some suggestions from you guys about the city or any other recommendations.
thanks x
TSR Jessica
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you've posted in the right place? Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there.
Fibsy
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
the nightlife is small, but it means that you know EVERYONE at each club, which makes it really sociable
Heyok
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
manchester? Newcastle?
staceysss
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
York has got loads of pubs and bars, its nightlife is really lively! Its difficult to be bored in York, there's always lots going on. If you haven't been to an Open Day, you should defo go and see for yourself!
Jaustin827
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I went to an open day and went around York at night. LOTS of pubs restaurants and more! There are not lots of clubs but there were enough
lenanew
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'm in my first year at York and let me tell you- York might not be as big and full of clubs as some of the other nearby and bigger cities, but the club's that are there are good and sociable as you do come across the same faces. York also has a certain ambiance that other places don't in terms of its history and scenery- it all depends on what's important to you. But even if you were to get a little bit bored you can always hop on the train and go to Leeds (not far at all) but York is not at all boring. Freshers week was great especially!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What offers have you received from universities?

Unconditional (57)
18.94%
Unconditional if firmed (24)
7.97%
Unconditional if insurance (2)
0.66%
Both unconditional and unconditional if firm/insurance (9)
2.99%
No unconditional offers (209)
69.44%

Watched Threads