The Student Room Group

should/can I go to uni?

Hoping someone can help me out here, I'm British but grew up abroad, and did my GCSES (2 Bs and a C so not great) and the first year of A Levels (2 Bs) but moved schools after that to do the IB meaning I had to go back and repeat year 12. I struggled with the IB even though I had good grades and ended up leaving before I finished, getting no qualification and at the time I was set on not wanting to go to university. I travelled a bit and have now been in London for the past year or so working on an Apprenticeship and am close to qualifying for my NVQ2 in hairdressing and soon to start NVQ3 but I know that hairdressing isn't what I want to do, I'd love to do journalism and the Bs I got in school were for English Literature. My main questions I guess are:
Would I be able to go to university with the grades I got? Would I have to do a foundation course or something (not a problem for me)? How likely am I to get home status when it comes to uni fees? And any other advice I can get. I'm 20 by the way so don't know if that counts in any way as mature student or whatever. Never really for much information for uni because of not wanting to go. If anyone could help I'd really appreciate it! Thanks!
Whether you can get in with the qualifications you have varies massively by uni. You are more likely to be accepted onto a foundation course yes.

As for wanting to be a journalist, do some research into the job first before deciding you need to go to uni or what you need to study. Talk to people in the industry and get their advice. Uni is not always the answer.

As for being eligible for student finance, you need to have lived in the UK for at least 3 years before starting your course.

Quick Reply