The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Contextual offers

Does anyone have any information about contextual offers at Bristol University?

Has anyone received contextual offers yet? If so, for what course?

Any information on this subject would be very useful. Thank you
Original post by Joseff_Hayes
Does anyone have any information about contextual offers at Bristol University?

Has anyone received contextual offers yet? If so, for what course?

Any information on this subject would be very useful. Thank you

https://www.bristol.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/entry-requirements-qualifications/contextual-offers/
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
I got a contextual offer for BSc Economics and Politics, taking it from an AAA offer to an ABB offer, with an A in maths.
Does it take longer for contextual offers to come through?
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Juedjegfewo
I got a contextual offer for BSc Economics and Politics, taking it from an AAA offer to an ABB offer, with an A in maths.

Thanks. You don’t have to answer this if you don’t want too but why did you get a contextual offer?
Thanks. You don’t have to answer this if you don’t want too but why did you get a contextual offer?

Contextual offers are given out for meeting one of the criteria detailed in this link: https://www.bristol.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/entry-requirements-qualifications/contextual-offers/

I received mine, I assume, from living in an area with low progression to higher education.
Does it take longer for contextual offers to come through?

No, I got my contextual offer (for physics) before some of my friends got their normal offers
If you follow the link in a previous answer you will see that there are several ways to qualify for a contextual offer at Bristol - the most common are that you go to a low-achieving school or that you live in a postcode with a low University progression.

If you qualify, and you get an offer, the Uni will automatically give you a lower offer. You dont need to do anything - their data system spots the relevant applications - and no, you are not more or less likely to get an offer, its about the terms of the offer not the offer decision itself.
Reply 8
Hi, if your predicted grades are higher than the contextual for the course, will they automatically reduce it to the contextual offer or will they just match your predicted/normal grades for the offer??Many thanks,
Original post by KA2018
Hi, if your predicted grades are higher than the contextual for the course, will they automatically reduce it to the contextual offer or will they just match your predicted/normal grades for the offer??Many thanks,

For full degree programs (ie. not the 1 year Gateway program) - if you are eligible for a Contextual offer you will get that offer even if your predicted grades are higher.
bristol is one of the easiest places for contextual offers .. lots of categories and the reduced offer is totally automatic which is not true of all unis ! do check each uni u apply to for their own exact rules and if u need to do any extra forms to qualify !

Quick Reply

Latest