Disciplinary meeting advice needed urgently! Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
  1. Hi there, I have been called into work on Monday (coming) for Theft from a works vehicle.

I had to repossess a van (something not in my contract) and in the van was a small amount of Cannabis. I smoke cannabis on weekends so thought to myself sorted I'll have this, however being in a works van and the pure stench of it I thought if I get pulled or have an accident then I'm liable and the police will find this so it's not the best idea, so I disposed of it out the window on the way back. On the basis that it will be in my system regardless but with the substance there they would have done me for DUI and I would have lost my license.

The office has been informed that there was cannabis in the vehicle by a colleague that was with me at the time, but obviously it's not there now because i disposed of it. On top of this there was numerous empty weed bags & cocaine bags (empty but with the residue on the bag still)

Surely my work can not expect me to drive back a vehicle knowing there is illegal substances inside, it's bad enough with all the empty bags inside but I could have explained to the police of the reason why and how it's not my van. After a call to my work they would have been told it is not my van and hopefully been let on my way.

I am furious that it has come to this as I have been with my company for 6 years almost and they know I would never steal.

Do I stand a chance of losing my job? Or is it their word against mine?

Many thanks in advance for any advice. 0
  2. More legal career articleshttps://static.thestudentroom.co.uk/...168/block3.pngWhat Do Trainee Solicitors Do? 50 Top Tasks Explained:https://static.thestudentroom.co.uk/...168/block4.png100 Ways to Improve Your Training Contract Application
start new discussion reply tools Replying is easier on our new app - click here to download for FREE!Quick Reply

1. submit reply preview post
Related discussions:
  1. I'm a university lecturer: ask me anything
  2. * MEGATHREAD * - UKCAT 2016 Entry Discussion ...
  3. The McDonalds Thread Mk II
  4. The Arsenal Thread XV
  5. Medicine 2015 Entry Thread!
  6. Ask a Current UCL Student: The Official Thread
  7. The Chelsea FC Thread VII
  8. GOGSoc Episode VII: Game of Moans
  9. TSR Doctors society
  10. "Dude, where's my gown?": The Oxford Chat Thread Mk.III
Updated: November 22, 2017< br> <br&a mp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;gt;Get Started

Using TSR

Info

TSR Group

Connect with TSR

https://static.thestudentroom.co.uk/..._app_store.svg https://static.thestudentroom.co.uk/...play_store.png© Copyright The Student Room 2017 all rights reserved
The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.
Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE
doodle_333
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Yeah I mean it's quite clear you shouldn't have thrown something out of the window. If you were unsure you should have called your manager or the police. You DID steal from a vehicle because you threw something away which wasn't yours.
Melancholy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Did you keep your job?
lildannys95
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Bit confusing.... You are being disciplined for disposing of the cannabis by chucking it away? It is an illegal substance which you disposed of so I don't see why you are being disciplined. You should have towed the vehicle and then the police should have been called to investigate the issue and dispose of the drugs or call them upon discovery and let them handle it.

You could have said you saw no weed or the smell of weed too.

What happened in the end?
bones-mccoy
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by lildannys95)
Bit confusing.... You are being disciplined for disposing of the cannabis by chucking it away? It is an illegal substance which you disposed of so I don't see why you are being disciplined. You should have towed the vehicle and then the police should have been called to investigate the issue and dispose of the drugs or call them upon discovery and let them handle it.

You could have said you saw no weed or the smell of weed too.

What happened in the end?
This thread is a year old
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you work while at uni?

Yes I work at university (98)
33.56%
No I don't (135)
46.23%
I work during the holidays (59)
20.21%

Watched Threads