rube.goldberg
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi guys!

I am a student from Germany, and I am studyin Economics in Berlin - I just wanted to ask a question regarding how to actually be a Free Mover in UK, especially for Oxbridge.

Do you guys know (or know someone who did it) how to actually be able to study for an year as an exchange student at Oxford or at Cambridge? I have read extensively both websites, but just wanted to know some personal experiences as well

Thank you!
Doones
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by vito97)
Hi guys!

I am a student from Germany, and I am studyin Economics in Berlin - I just wanted to ask a question regarding how to actually be a Free Mover in UK, especially for Oxbridge.

Do you guys know (or know someone who did it) how to actually be able to study for an year as an exchange student at Oxford or at Cambridge? I have read extensively both websites, but just wanted to know some personal experiences as well

Thank you!
Do you mean as an Erasmus student?

Cambridge doesn't offer it for Economics students. https://www.iso.admin.cam.ac.uk/erasmus-plus

Oxford says this:
https://www.ox.ac.uk/students/fees-f...ncoming?wssl=1

Posted from TSR Mobile
DrSebWilkes
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I might as well ask - and I know it's a bit premature - but how easy is it to visit a friend who (would be) is studying in Cambridge?
Doones
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by DrSebWilkes)
I might as well ask - and I know it's a bit premature - but how easy is it to visit a friend who (would be) is studying in Cambridge?
Very. Assuming you have an address...
username1865079
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by vito97)
Hi guys!

Thank you!
I assume you’ve read this.
https://www.undergraduate.study.cam....iting-students

It’s only some of colleges and they only accept such a small number, it’s quite unlikely you find someone in this forum who have experience (whether directly or indirectly) in this forum.
But I’d assume they wouldn’t accept anyone who doesn’t meet their academic standard, so I don’t think it’s that easy.
Probably best way to find out is contacting those colleges on the list by email.
rube.goldberg
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
thank you all!

well the problem isn't really getting in for the exchange but rather... the bill!! for the price I would have to pay to spend only a Term there I would rather do an erasmus somewhere else and then directly apply there for my masters!! ^^''
Doones
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by rube.goldberg)
thank you all!

well the problem isn't really getting in for the exchange but rather... the bill!! for the price I would have to pay to spend only a Term there I would rather do an erasmus somewhere else and then directly apply there for my masters!! ^^''
Wow, a reply a year after posting So what have you decided to do?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is winning Euro 2020

France (117)
27.08%
England (154)
35.65%
Belgium (33)
7.64%
Germany (42)
9.72%
Spain (10)
2.31%