The Student Room Group

What lessons have you got tomorrow?

Scroll to see replies

Got Physics and Further maths tomorrow.
Original post by Bill Nye
Am in year 9.. oh well

I have:

1st - Maths - I like maths most of the time, its alright. The teacher is quite strict and makes us write loads down etc. It's annoying but I would rather that than me write no notes down. I have also started writing down notes etc in other lessons when the teacher hasn't specifically said to which I suppose is a good skill to pick up on. I kinda like maths tbh but not when it is something that is confusing and the teacher isn't explaining well.
2nd - English - Can't stand the teacher, very strict and gives out loads of detentions and sends a lot of people out. And I am just pretty rubbish at English in general (especially compared to my twin brother).
3rd - Maths - I like maths but I just don't like having 2 of the same lesson in a day, unless it is something like double tech.
4th - Textiles - Alright I suppose, but I'm not that good at it. I definitely preferred it when we were doing CAD. Tech is a nice lesson to have where I can just have a bit of a break from doing academic stuff.
5th - Science - Used to like science more in year 8, but I don't really get it as much now. In year 8, our teacher explained things to us well and went on to other higher things. My teacher now will often get us to find out things ourselves and do our own research. I don't really learn as well like that - I like some one to explain it first, then I go off and research it myself to get a better understanding. My teacher has said multiple times - oh you can do this you're set one. Even if we are set one we don't know everything about science just like that, you know?
6th - IT - Alright but it can get boring and I can't stand the teacher, no one can xD. She is very strict etc and does things 'properly'. For example - when she is explaining what we are doing we have to turn our chairs right around and look at her whilst she reads what has been on the board for the past like 10 lessons (we are doing a project thing on power point). She is very strict and we have to sit in silence unless we are helping someone.

Believe it or not this is the best day out of the two weeks timetable xD.

Here is my worst:

1st - PE
2nd - Music
3rd - English
4th - Maths
5th - Drama
6th - PSHE

I hate PE, drama and PSHE.
I also hate English (but not as much :P).
Music is alright, but I'm not too good at it. I do like making music on GarageBand but I'm no good at it. When I make something that I think sounds good, I hear someone elses and its a million times better :P

Last year I used to work on my own in music (most people were in pairs) but this year I'm in a pair. He is my mate but he is just no good at music (last year he barely went to lessons because of a sports club that went on Friday afternoon - the only time we had music). He messes around and it is just annoying TBH. Would rater work by myself cause I'm a loner.

I also didn't enjoy drama! But when you come to GCSE in year 11, all you want to do is PE! I was like you in year 9, I wasn't too fond of PE, but when I started GCSE, all you want is to rest and do some sports to shake all the stress off! Trust me, enjoy PE (wether your good at it or not, don't let anyone take you down!) so you can get the stress of your head and have a good hours session of physical activity. :smile:
Original post by ReadilySalted
Wow, it sound interesting. Do you enjoy it? What are the best things and what are the worst?

Thanks!
Tomorrow's module 'Quantum Chemistry' is very physics/mathematical based, but I do enjoy it because the lecturer's are honestly amazing.

Best things would definitely be the organic side of chemistry. We've done enolate chemistry, introduction to radical chemistry, oxidation and reduction reactions.

The hardest (but not the worst as it's really interesting) would be inorganic chemistry and we've done crystal chemistry, crystallography, electronic structure of solids and main group chemistry, periodic trends in the p-block, characterisation techniques such as X-ray diffraction and multi-nuclear NMR, etc. :smile:

A little bit of promo, follow my blog :biggrin:https://thenextchemist.wordpress.com/
Original post by usfbullz
Got Physics and Further maths tomorrow.

Is A-Levels physics a lot of theory based work or calculations?
Original post by Bloom77
Thanks!
Tomorrow's module 'Quantum Chemistry' is very physics/mathematical based, but I do enjoy it because the lecturer's are honestly amazing.

Best things would definitely be the organic side of chemistry. We've done enolate chemistry, introduction to radical chemistry, oxidation and reduction reactions.

The hardest (but not the worst as it's really interesting) would be inorganic chemistry and we've done crystal chemistry, crystallography, electronic structure of solids and main group chemistry, periodic trends in the p-block, characterisation techniques such as X-ray diffraction and multi-nuclear NMR, etc. :smile:

A little bit of promo, follow my blog :biggrin:https://thenextchemist.wordpress.com/

Wow. Sound like an immense amount of work! Sorry to be nosy, but what uni do you attend? Also, will follow and read your blog!:smile:
I also didn't enjoy drama! But when you come to GCSE in year 11, all you want to do is PE! I was like you in year 9, I wasn't too fond of PE, but when I started GCSE, all you want is to rest and do some sports to shake all the stress off! Trust me, enjoy PE (wether your good at it or not, don't let anyone take you down!) so you can get the stress of your head and have a good hours session of physical activity. :smile:

Boi I can't enjoy PE when I'm doing gymnastics. Its a half hour of me failing at jumping onto a vault and then watching everyone else do it straight away.

Last grade I remember getting for PE in my report was 'yet to be on track' xD
Wow. Sound like an immense amount of work! Sorry to be nosy, but what uni do you attend? Also, will follow and read your blog!:smile:

No worries, it's on my blog anyway.
Queen Mary, University of London.
I have chemistry(going well love it) then free then psychology(currently very boring)!
Original post by kithu1999
I have chemistry(going well love it) then free then psychology(currently very boring)!

Is psychology not fun? I was soo close to choosing it, but changed my mind. Do you not enjoy it?
Is psychology not fun? I was soo close to choosing it, but changed my mind. Do you not enjoy it?

It is fun for the first year but criminal psychology isn’t very good. However, it may be how the teacher presents the lessons. We have to fill in a booklet using a PowerPoint for an hour. Then she will go through it in the last 15 minutes of the lesson.
I am cheating here because I am at university but I have a lecture for medical genetics 9-10am then I have a workshop for medical genetics 3-6pm.
y13
1st - free
2nd - Chemistry - Assessed practical :/
break
3rd - more Chem
4th - Maths test for core 3 :'/ - wish me luck
lunch
5th - Biology
6th - technically nothing but do have a driving lesson, nearly time for practical.
NONE!!
Maths English BTEC Sport Drama and a revision skills workshop instead of double PE
Maths (stats), double free (but actually I have a music lesson and a French oral so I get no frees :frown: ), English lit, French, then Latin. All my subjects in one day :lol:

(I'm in year 12)
(edited 6 years ago)
Is A-Levels physics a lot of theory based work or calculations?

I wouldn't say its theory based work but yes there is a lot of calculations involved (mostly GCSE stuff like trig, pyth, rearranging forumlas).
Hi guys. Just curious what lessons you have got tomorrow and what you guys think of the subject! (In year 11, GCSE)

I've got:

1st - English (Hate it soooo much, especially in the morning, bores me to death. I have got a great teacher but it's that one subject that I can't wait to never face in my entire life!)
2nd -Biology (Really really hard and challenging, and teacher is boring. I do like Biology, it's really interesting, but the teacher makes it bad :frown: )
3rd - Maths (Love it soo much! My favourite subject, it's really fun and I enjoy it a lot, teacher is really good! Challenging but really good!)
4th - Spanish (Can't be bothered, but is an easy subject! Always hyper in this lesson because its after lunch, but work hard in it and get the work done)
5th - Biology again (Don't have the effort for it again, and always tired in this lesson, also been a busy day and want to be at home sleeping, but geography intervention after school!:frown:)

So, what lessons do you have and do you enjoy the lessons?

maths

maths
maths
maths
maths
Year 13
Double Philosophy
Double Biology
Double free
Lecture from a transatlantic rower in PSHE
Double free

(Eight periods a day, and on Thursdays we don't have form period/assembly as it is replaced with PSHE after lunch)
Reply 38
Original post by Bloom77
lol no, undergrad in chemistry 2nd year

ufhghghgh i hateee the physics part of chemistry :frown: (my degree is 50% chem)
Tomorrow is an ace day!

1st - free
2nd - Geography (tectonics) which I love love love!!
3rd - Biology but we're just going through the test we did last lesson, I got a B :smile:
4th - free
5th - free

I won't be going home though, I always stay in school and use my frees to revise so I have more free time at home to waste on here :smile: :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest