The Student Room Group

How big of a deal are predicted grades?

I've just sent off my UCAS application and I've been predicted AAA
One of my teachers said I was borderline A* and if I really wanted I could just ask him and he'd make it A*,
but.. I feel like AAA is a bit more realistic.
How big of a deal is this 1 grade?
One of the universities I'm applying to (Durham) require A*AA, would they not consider me because I've stuck with AAA or could they still offer me if Ive got a good personal statement/LNAT score?
What do you guys suggest? Ask him to bump it to A* or stick with the more realistic AAA?
If you do not have the required A*AA, you may be rejected by the computer before an admissions tutor even sees your application.
Reply 2
Original post by therealmarsbar
If you do not have the required A*AA, you may be rejected by the computer before an admissions tutor even sees your application.

wow really?
I've been looking at the Law Offers 2018 page and I've seen quite a few people have gotten offers from Durham for AAA (the uni I want to go to which usually require A*AA)
Original post by therealmarsbar

Not true.

Original post by dlaws.
I've just sent off my UCAS application and I've been predicted AAA
One of my teachers said I was borderline A* and if I really wanted I could just ask him and he'd make it A*,
but.. I feel like AAA is a bit more realistic.
How big of a deal is this 1 grade?
One of the universities I'm applying to (Durham) require A*AA, would they not consider me because I've stuck with AAA or could they still offer me if Ive got a good personal statement/LNAT score?
What do you guys suggest? Ask him to bump it to A* or stick with the more realistic AAA?

You still have a decent chance. The UCAS offer rate calculator gives a good idea of how good your chances are. It uses admissions data from past years. Using Englang/history/french at AAA gave me around 50%, with A*AA at around 70%.
Reply 4
Original post by _gcx
Not true.

You still have a decent chance. The UCAS offer rate calculator gives a good idea of how good your chances are. It uses admissions data from past years. Using Englang/history/french at AAA gave me around 50%, with A*AA at around 70%.

woah you're doing the exact same subjects as me too!
Original post by dlaws.
woah you're doing the exact same subjects as me too!

I'm not, I just looked at your "introduce yourself" thread because you didn't specify subjects here :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending