?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
My predicted grades are
A* Biology
A* Business studies
A Psychology
B Math (C in AS)
A EPQ
I will be applying for Natsci for the biology/earth sciences pathway or something (their course structure is really confusing).
My question is, their entry requirements state I only need one science but how likely are Durham going to want an A in math (I wont be taking any math modules)? So far all but one of my other unis given me an offer which means I need a higher math grade than predicted.

Do Durham particularly focus on specific subjects or is it more about the grades?
what are other peoples experiences of getting Durham offers?
Thanks in advance
nickclement9
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Durham’s words:

You will need three A-levels (excluding General Studies and Critical Thinking) or equivalent with at least one of these in a Science (Biology; Human Biology; Chemistry; Mathematics; Physics.) The standard offer is A*AA at A-Level and you will need specific A-level grades to study:
Biology: A in either Biology or Chemistry.
Chemistry: A*A in any order in Chemistry and Mathematics.
Computer Science: A in Mathematics.
Economics: A in Mathematics.
Mathematics: Either A*A in any order in Maths and Further Maths at A-level or A* in Maths plus A in AS Further Maths for students unable to take A2 Further Maths.
Physics: A*A in any order in Maths and Physics.
JessicaAsh
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by nickclement9)
Durham’s words:

You will need three A-levels (excluding General Studies and Critical Thinking) or equivalent with at least one of these in a Science (Biology; Human Biology; Chemistry; Mathematics; Physics.) The standard offer is A*AA at A-Level and you will need specific A-level grades to study:
Biology: A in either Biology or Chemistry.
Chemistry: A*A in any order in Chemistry and Mathematics.
Computer Science: A in Mathematics.
Economics: A in Mathematics.
Mathematics: Either A*A in any order in Maths and Further Maths at A-level or A* in Maths plus A in AS Further Maths for students unable to take A2 Further Maths.
Physics: A*A in any order in Maths and Physics.
Thanks, but I was asking if they will include 2 sciences in the offer if I'm taking two (which I am, biology and maths) as their entry requirements state 'at least' one.
nickclement9
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Oh sorry.
You choose modules when studying natural sciences and you’ll need the A in maths to do half of them, hope this helps
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (67)
27.24%
No - I have already returned home (27)
10.98%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (51)
20.73%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (26)
10.57%
No - I live at home during term anyway (75)
30.49%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed