The Student Room Group

What happens if you fail a module?

i failed two module in my first year (only the exams) and in retake as well i have failed .. and i have passed my second year as well now I'm on my last year.

what i want to ask is that if i pass my last year successfully as well .. will i be able graduated????
Reply 1
Original post by Romedis
i failed two module in my first year (only the exams) and in retake as well i have failed .. and i have passed my second year as well now I'm on my last year.

what i want to ask is that if i pass my last year successfully as well .. will i be able graduated????

It depends on your university and course, you need to speak with your course leader about this.

My uni didn't allow anyone with a failed module to graduate until they had passed it first. In fact, you couldn't progress to the next year if you failed any modules. Again, you need to speak with your course leader as the regulations may be different at your uni.
Reply 2
Original post by UWS
It depends on your university and course, you need to speak with your course leader about this.

My uni didn't allow anyone with a failed module to graduate until they had passed it first. In fact, you couldn't progress to the next year if you failed any modules. Again, you need to speak with your course leader as the regulations may be different at your uni.

ohh oki, thank you. Because many students say that first year dose not count towards your degree.
Original post by Romedis
ohh oki, thank you. Because many students say that first year dose not count towards your degree.

Yeah usually first year doesn't affect the degree classification but you still need the credits from all the modules to graduate with an honours degree... i.e. to have scored a minimum pass mark in all assessments including first year... at least everywhere I've heard of.

Speak to your course leader.

Quick Reply

Latest