The Student Room Group

Can I leave college in my second year?

I asked the college if I enroll in the two year course can I leave they said no as I signed up for it. As I just want to experience college that's all really. So isn't it my decision if I want to leave in second year? Also will it look bad on cv what qualifications will I get?? I will be doing Level 3 Business
Original post by Sheb_
I asked the college if I enroll in the two year course can I leave they said no as I signed up for it. As I just want to experience college that's all really. So isn't it my decision if I want to leave in second year? Also will it look bad on cv what qualifications will I get?? I will be doing Level 3 Business

Dont sign up just for the experience if you arent going to make the effort and try to wander off. Find something you want to do. It wont look great on your CV (its unclear what age you are) If its a two year course and you leave half way through then you might get the 90 credit diploma but you should check with them.
Reply 2
Original post by 999tigger
Dont sign up just for the experience if you arent going to make the effort and try to wander off. Find something you want to do. It wont look great on your CV (its unclear what age you are) If its a two year course and you leave half way through then you might get the 90 credit diploma but you should check with them.

I'm in year 11 right now
Reply 3
Original post by 999tigger

And how about if I leave after a few months joining it??!
Original post by Sheb_
And how about if I leave after a few months joining it??!

Then you'd have wasted a few months of your life.
Original post by Sheb_
I'm in year 11 right now

England

You can leave school on the last Friday in June if you’ll be 16 by the end of the summer holidays.

You must then do one of the following until you’re 18:

stay in full-time education, for example at a college

spend 20 hours or more a week working or volunteering, while in part-time education or training

So yes you can leave if under 18 as long as you do the above.
If you are over18, then you run the risk of being charged the fee.

Quick Reply

Latest