mysticalrose
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi, if you achieved an A or A* in sociology how did you revise, like what revision methods did you use? I’m aware of a lot of people using mindmaps but tbh I don’t know how to make them effective? Any help on how to create the perfect mindmap, or revision tips will be much appreciated!😊
Brittney.s1
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by mysticalrose)
Hi, if you achieved an A or A* in sociology how did you revise, like what revision methods did you use? I’m aware of a lot of people using mindmaps but tbh I don’t know how to make them effective? Any help on how to create the perfect mindmap, or revision tips will be much appreciated!😊
Hey,
I’m doing a2 this year, and managed to get an A in AS, I guess it depends on what works for you, but I did a lot of past papers and handed some of the essay questions into my teacher to mark, I particularly struggled with evaluation so I created my own questions based on evaluating or found some specific questions online relating to evaluation.

We were also given a lot of work books to complete but I believe they got some of they materials from a website called tutor for you, so you could maybe find them on there.

Also, begin revising early as there is a lot of content.

Good luck, which topics are you doing?
mysticalrose
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by Brittney.s1)
Hey,
I’m doing a2 this year, and managed to get an A in AS, I guess it depends on what works for you, but I did a lot of past papers and handed some of the essay questions into my teacher to mark, I particularly struggled with evaluation so I created my own questions based on evaluating or found some specific questions online relating to evaluation.

We were also given a lot of work books to complete but I believe they got some of they materials from a website called tutor for you, so you could maybe find them on there.

Also, begin revising early as there is a lot of content.

Good luck, which topics are you doing?
Thanks for replying& I will definitely check that website out thank you!!😊 This year im studying education, reasearch methods and family and households. Education= external and internal factors etc, Family&households= couples, childhood etc, Research methods= Questionnaires, experiments etc
Brittney.s1
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by mysticalrose)
Thanks for replying& I will definitely check that website out thank you!!😊 This year im studying education, reasearch methods and family and households. Education= external and internal factors etc, Family&households= couples, childhood etc, Research methods= Questionnaires, experiments etc
Hey!
These are the exact same topics our college did
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (66)
4.61%
Uncertainty around my education (222)
15.49%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (155)
10.82%
Lack of purpose or motivation (204)
14.24%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (62)
4.33%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (83)
5.79%
Loneliness (128)
8.93%
Financial worries (49)
3.42%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (65)
4.54%
Exposure to negative news/social media (68)
4.75%
Lack of real life entertainment (74)
5.16%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (124)
8.65%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (133)
9.28%

Watched Threads