The Student Room Group

How to choose your A-level subjects! *Including links to subject guides*

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
The above guide are super useful...Would you have a guide for art and psychology pkease
Reply 81
Original post by IsLoch
The above guide are super useful...Would you have a guide for art and psychology pkease

The reason I ask Is that I’m still trying to decide on my A-level choices for September I know I want to do French and psychology, then I thought I wanted to do Art for my 3rd choice but the more I think about it due to the amount of work that is involves I am wondering and hesitating between that and English literature.... Any advice or thoughts on that.I was going for art because I enjoy drawing but my predicted grade is on only a 6 And my teacher always seemed to say my idea were ok but not god enough to improve my grade which was a bit disheartening.. whilst my predicted grade in English Is 7 but u am not sure what to do... any thoughts
Are their any guides for A level Physical Education?
Original post by IsLoch

Glad to hear it! I don't believe we have any guides, but I shall refer you to @CoolCavy to talk about art, and @absolutelysprout for psychology, hopefully they can answer any questions you might have :smile:
Original post by mel1morley
Are their any guides for A level Physical Education?

Unfortunately none of our team have taken PE in recent years so we don't have a guide for that :frown:
Original post by IsLoch
The reason I ask Is that I’m still trying to decide on my A-level choices for September I know I want to do French and psychology, then I thought I wanted to do Art for my 3rd choice but the more I think about it due to the amount of work that is involves I am wondering and hesitating between that and English literature.... Any advice or thoughts on that.I was going for art because I enjoy drawing but my predicted grade is on only a 6 And my teacher always seemed to say my idea were ok but not god enough to improve my grade which was a bit disheartening.. whilst my predicted grade in English Is 7 but u am not sure what to do... any thoughts

if you have any questions about a level psych, feel free to shoot them at me :yep:
Original post by IsLoch
The above guide are super useful...Would you have a guide for art

Here you go :smile:
I want to do psychology so I plan on doing A-Levels in Psychology, Sociology, and English. I don't know about math. I'm thinking about maths because I don't know if I want a BA or a BSc yet. Does that make sense? I have 3 days, Help lol :smile:
Original post by Bhudram Singh
I want to do psychology so I plan on doing A-Levels in Psychology, Sociology, and English. I don't know about math. I'm thinking about maths because I don't know if I want a BA or a BSc yet. Does that make sense? I have 3 days, Help lol :smile:

@absolutelysprout do you have any advice about A level maths for doing psychology at uni from your uni research?
Original post by Lemur14
@absolutelysprout do you have any advice about A level maths for doing psychology at uni from your uni research?

you'll be taught from scratch on the stats stuff at uni (unless it's stated otherwise on the course ie. psychology at oxford strongly recommend you have a level maths iirc) so maths isn't necessary to do a degree in psychology though it may give you an advantage in terms of understanding the stats quicker.
Original post by Lemur14

you'll be taught from scratch on the stats stuff at uni (unless it's stated otherwise on the course ie. psychology at oxford strongly recommend you have a level maths iirc) so maths isn't necessary to do a degree in psychology though it may give you an advantage in terms of understanding the stats quicker.
Original post by rasharasharasha
Hello! I really want to take maths, computer science and fashion and textiles. I'm not sure if this is the best option. In university I want to study computer science but I really enjoy fashion and textiles. Would this be a good enough decision? MY dream university would most likely be imperial

If you want to go to a university like imperial especially for computer science you need to take further maths as well, I wouldn’t want to discourage you but fashion and textiles is not a very academic a level choice
Original post by ocean2222
If you want to go to a university like imperial especially for computer science you need to take further maths as well, I wouldn’t want to discourage you but fashion and textiles is not a very academic a level choice

yeah, I've thought it over and I've decided computer science isn't really for me. I'm going for medicine instead since I'd like to be a paediatric surgeon. I'm choosing chemistry, physics, biology and math!

Quick Reply

Latest