How to choose your A-level subjects! *Including links to subject guides*

Watch
IsLoch
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
The above guide are super useful...Would you have a guide for art and psychology pkease
IsLoch
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by IsLoch)
The above guide are super useful...Would you have a guide for art and psychology pkease
The reason I ask Is that I’m still trying to decide on my A-level choices for September I know I want to do French and psychology, then I thought I wanted to do Art for my 3rd choice but the more I think about it due to the amount of work that is involves I am wondering and hesitating between that and English literature.... Any advice or thoughts on that.I was going for art because I enjoy drawing but my predicted grade is on only a 6 And my teacher always seemed to say my idea were ok but not god enough to improve my grade which was a bit disheartening.. whilst my predicted grade in English Is 7 but u am not sure what to do... any thoughts
mel1morley
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Are their any guides for A level Physical Education?
Lemur14
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Glad to hear it! I don't believe we have any guides, but I shall refer you to CoolCavy to talk about art, and absolutelysprout for psychology, hopefully they can answer any questions you might have
(Original post by mel1morley)
Are their any guides for A level Physical Education?
Unfortunately none of our team have taken PE in recent years so we don't have a guide for that
absolutelysprout
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
The reason I ask Is that I’m still trying to decide on my A-level choices for September I know I want to do French and psychology, then I thought I wanted to do Art for my 3rd choice but the more I think about it due to the amount of work that is involves I am wondering and hesitating between that and English literature.... Any advice or thoughts on that.I was going for art because I enjoy drawing but my predicted grade is on only a 6 And my teacher always seemed to say my idea were ok but not god enough to improve my grade which was a bit disheartening.. whilst my predicted grade in English Is 7 but u am not sure what to do... any thoughts
if you have any questions about a level psych, feel free to shoot them at me :yep:
CoolCavy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
The above guide are super useful...Would you have a guide for art
Here you go
Bhudram Singh
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I want to do psychology so I plan on doing A-Levels in Psychology, Sociology, and English. I don't know about math. I'm thinking about maths because I don't know if I want a BA or a BSc yet. Does that make sense? I have 3 days, Help lol
Lemur14
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Bhudram Singh)
I want to do psychology so I plan on doing A-Levels in Psychology, Sociology, and English. I don't know about math. I'm thinking about maths because I don't know if I want a BA or a BSc yet. Does that make sense? I have 3 days, Help lol
absolutelysprout do you have any advice about A level maths for doing psychology at uni from your uni research?
absolutelysprout
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Lemur14)
absolutelysprout do you have any advice about A level maths for doing psychology at uni from your uni research?
you'll be taught from scratch on the stats stuff at uni (unless it's stated otherwise on the course ie. psychology at oxford strongly recommend you have a level maths iirc) so maths isn't necessary to do a degree in psychology though it may give you an advantage in terms of understanding the stats quicker.
absolutelysprout
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Lemur14)
you'll be taught from scratch on the stats stuff at uni (unless it's stated otherwise on the course ie. psychology at oxford strongly recommend you have a level maths iirc) so maths isn't necessary to do a degree in psychology though it may give you an advantage in terms of understanding the stats quicker.
ocean2222
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by rasharasharasha)
Hello! I really want to take maths, computer science and fashion and textiles. I'm not sure if this is the best option. In university I want to study computer science but I really enjoy fashion and textiles. Would this be a good enough decision? MY dream university would most likely be imperial
If you want to go to a university like imperial especially for computer science you need to take further maths as well, I wouldn’t want to discourage you but fashion and textiles is not a very academic a level choice
rasharasharasha
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by ocean2222)
If you want to go to a university like imperial especially for computer science you need to take further maths as well, I wouldn’t want to discourage you but fashion and textiles is not a very academic a level choice
yeah, I've thought it over and I've decided computer science isn't really for me. I'm going for medicine instead since I'd like to be a paediatric surgeon. I'm choosing chemistry, physics, biology and math!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With no certainty that exams next year will take place, how does this make you feel?

More motivated (65)
27.78%
Less motivated (169)
72.22%

Watched Threads