Turn on thread page Beta

me and my housemate kissed and admitted feelings but my ex also lives with us watch

ReputationRep:
    Me (f) and my ex were together for 2 and a half years but they cheated on me twice. The second time being quite recently. After the second time I decided to break up with her. Things between us were on and off for a while but more off recently, and I do not feel the same way I used to about her. Me and all of my housemates went out one night and me and I ended up kissing one of my housemates several times, despite me and him being good friends and then we ended up cuddling when we got back and again later on. The next day we spoke about it and said that it didn’t mean anything, it was just cheeky and a laugh. A few days later, all of us went out again and me and him ended up leaving earlier than the rest and going home. When we was home we were flirting a lot and cuddled again. We spoke about it again and said we didn’t know why it happened. We spoke about it again yesterday and both admitted an attraction to each other and potentially even feelings. My ex knows what happened the first time, but we told her it didn’t mean anything, and she doesn’t know it happened again. We don’t know what to do now. There is a lot of guilt for hiding the truth and we don’t know where to go from here

ReputationRep:
    To be honest you don't owe your ex anything, particularly in light of them cheating on you (especially twice!). I think that if you think it's something that your genuinely seeing going somewhere and it's not to get back at the ex (as this would hurt your flatmate particularly and isn't healthy for you) then go for it!

(Original post by purpleblanket123)
    Me (f) and my ex were together for 2 and a half years but they cheated on me twice. The second time being quite recently. After the second time I decided to break up with her. Things between us were on and off for a while but more off recently, and I do not feel the same way I used to about her. Me and all of my housemates went out one night and me and I ended up kissing one of my housemates several times, despite me and him being good friends and then we ended up cuddling when we got back and again later on. The next day we spoke about it and said that it didn’t mean anything, it was just cheeky and a laugh. A few days later, all of us went out again and me and him ended up leaving earlier than the rest and going home. When we was home we were flirting a lot and cuddled again. We spoke about it again and said we didn’t know why it happened. We spoke about it again yesterday and both admitted an attraction to each other and potentially even feelings. My ex knows what happened the first time, but we told her it didn’t mean anything, and she doesn’t know it happened again. We don’t know what to do now. There is a lot of guilt for hiding the truth and we don’t know where to go from here

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by simplytheworst)
    To be honest you don't owe your ex anything, particularly in light of them cheating on you (especially twice!). I think that if you think it's something that your genuinely seeing going somewhere and it's not to get back at the ex (as this would hurt your flatmate particularly and isn't healthy for you) then go for it!
    its definitely not to get back at my ex, and i ideally would like to go for it, but i don't want to make things awkward in the house

ReputationRep:
    why should you feel any guilt. its your ex... the ex that cheated on you twice. who gives a **** about your ex

(Original post by purpleblanket123)
    There is a lot of guilt for hiding the truth and we don’t know where to go from here
    how much guilt did your ex cheat when she cheated on you???

*feel

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 22, 2017
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.