The Student Room Group

Girl on night out from ages ago remembered me?

About six months ago at a bar a girl came over to me and started chatting to me. Nothing happened, the conversation only lasted about five minutes and as nice as she seemed I was acting shy around her (like I do with strangers in general, but especially girls as good looking as her.)

Last night she came into the shop I work in just to buy some cigarettes and instantly told me that she remembered me. I mean, how the **** was she even able to recognise me, let alone remember who I was? Presumably she'd had a bit to drink that night, it was ages ago, and I guess she may speak to a lot of randomers on nights out. How is this possible?

This isn't a "does she like me you guys?!?!" thread, but I just can't get my head around how she could remember. I do recall that when I spoke to her I mentioned where I worked, so maybe something was triggered in her head when she walked it, but even so, how could she remember that as well?
I wouldn’t say it’s anything to worry about, she probably just saw your face and recognised it?
Reply 2
Original post by jennybear
I wouldn’t say it’s anything to worry about, she probably just saw your face and recognised it?

I'm not worried about anything, it was nice to see her again. What I'm wondering is, how is it even possible for her to remember? A brief conversation that took place ages ago, when she was no doubt under the influence of alcohol.
Reply 3
She has a memory....

Posted from TSR Mobile
She thought you were cute (especially for her to make the first move) and so you obviously made an impression on her. Some people including myself will always remember people's faces. Especially if it was someone I went up to first. Hope you asked for her number
Also, did you recognise her as well or was it only after she said?
Reply 6
Never underestimate the power of a womans memory, friend.

I once just had a 'moment' with a guy I saw in a restaurant for a second, I was leaving and our eyes met. Roll on a year later and I am in the same part of London again and I see him and remembered who he is! Believe me, when we want to remember someone we do. You should be flattered really, most guys aren't worth storing in our memory.
Original post by Anonymous
I'm not worried about anything, it was nice to see her again. What I'm wondering is, how is it even possible for her to remember? A brief conversation that took place ages ago, when she was no doubt under the influence of alcohol.

I see what you mean, but sometimes you randomly remember really random stuff, it could just be that. Or maybe you were nice to her and because you had a good conversation she remembered that? Obviously being under the influence of alcohol can mean you can only remember parts of the night but maybe you were just a part she remembered?
it means you're good looking. women only ever remember good luking guys.
Reply 9
She thought you were cute (especially for her to make the first move) and so you obviously made an impression on her. Some people including myself will always remember people's faces. Especially if it was someone I went up to first. Hope you asked for her number

Hmm, maybe. The circumstances may have pointed that way. One minute she's stood nearby with friends, the next she's come over to me.

I don't really get much female attention on nights out though! Regarding making an impression, as I said I was a bit shy with her, and didn't really say anything flirty. Neither did she to be fair, we were just asking each other questions (mostly her doing the asking!) The closest was that we had a bit of a chuckle when she misheard a word I said and had to repeat myself three times. Also as I headed back inside to the bar she stopped to ask my name.

I didn't get her number but she said she was off for some drinks with friends in the bar down the road, which she said she goes to every now and again, and also mentioned that she works down the road too so I may see more of her, who knows?

Also, did you recognise her as well or was it only after she said?

She definitely seemed familiar and momentarily I wondered if it was her, before she confirmed it. I don't know if I would have fully recognised her if she had said nothing though.
Original post by jennybear
I see what you mean, but sometimes you randomly remember really random stuff, it could just be that. Or maybe you were nice to her and because you had a good conversation she remembered that? Obviously being under the influence of alcohol can mean you can only remember parts of the night but maybe you were just a part she remembered?

If I remember she didn't come across as too pissed when I spoke to her that night, and I vaguely remember her being composed and speaking pretty clearly, but it was late on in the evening and she had no doubt been out quite a few hours.
She wants you to watch Rick and Morty with her
Reply 12
About six months ago at a bar a girl came over to me and started chatting to me. Nothing happened, the conversation only lasted about five minutes and as nice as she seemed I was acting shy around her (like I do with strangers in general, but especially girls as good looking as her.)

Last night she came into the shop I work in just to buy some cigarettes and instantly told me that she remembered me. I mean, how the **** was she even able to recognise me, let alone remember who I was? Presumably she'd had a bit to drink that night, it was ages ago, and I guess she may speak to a lot of randomers on nights out. How is this possible?

This isn't a "does she like me you guys?!?!" thread, but I just can't get my head around how she could remember. I do recall that when I spoke to her I mentioned where I worked, so maybe something was triggered in her head when she walked it, but even so, how could she remember that as well?

I don't know how she does it tbh..

I have a crap memory when it becomes to recognising people

I once approached a girl in a club, only to be told by her "I think you've talked to me already"

Spoiler

Original post by ANM775
I don't know how she does it tbh..

I have a crap memory when it becomes to recognising people

I once approached a girl in a club, only to be told by her "I think you've talked to me already"

Spoiler

How long before did you encounter her for the first time?
Reply 14
How long before did you encounter her for the first time?

I honestly can't remember.

All I remember was that it was saturday night, I was in nightclub and had gone round speaking to a bunch of girls. At around 1 AM I approached this girl and asked her "how it's going/how are you?" ...then she told me I had spoken to her before. I was quite surprised as I couldn't specifically remember her.......

tbh i'm just genuinely bad at recognising people.

Once spoke to a girl for like 40 minutes at some social event. Arranged to see her at another social event. Wasn't sure which one was her, walked towards a girl there who slightly resembled her who was talking in a group. The girl didn't acknowledge me, so I figured it must not be her, ....then literally as I was about to walk away and start looking for her ..the girl acknowledged me and said hello ...so then I knew it was her..

Quick Reply