Turn on thread page Beta

Shuld I go on a date with him? watch

ReputationRep:
    I've been talking to a guy on Tinder for a few weeks now and we are planning to go on a date. But since seeing his social media ive noticed that he's really immature (he's 23) and posts stupid things. I know I should get to know him in person but it's kinda putting me off?

ReputationRep:
    if we tell you no will you not go on the date?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hateocracy)
    if we tell you no will you not go on the date?
    I'm considering just going on the date to see what happens

ReputationRep:
    Definitely, definitely go on a date with him. Please, please, please, please do it, lol.

ReputationRep:
    Immature in what way?

ReputationRep:
    in what way? i'd say just go on one date to see what happens

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chloesaunders1)
    I've been talking to a guy on Tinder for a few weeks now and we are planning to go on a date. But since seeing his social media ive noticed that he's really immature (he's 23) and posts stupid things. I know I should get to know him in person but it's kinda putting me off?
    you're not losing anything by going on the date

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by purpleblanket123)
    you're not losing anything by going on the date
    The opportunity cost of her time . . . .

ReputationRep:
    a lot of people are childish online though aren't they? just give him one chance, if hes childish on the date then say no to a second
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    you'll only know and find out when you go on the date, sometimes , not for all men, they try and act funny in front of their friends but are actually quite mature when it comes to it! also its about the experience too :yep:

and its only a tinder date, its not like you have to see them again after it! Go for it and have fun!! let us know what happens

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nerry)
    a lot of people are childish online though aren't they? just give him one chance, if hes childish on the date then say no to a second
    That's true

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CleverSquirrel)
    you'll only know and find out when you go on the date, sometimes , not for all men, they try and act funny in front of their friends but are actually quite mature when it comes to it! also its about the experience too :yep:

and its only a tinder date, its not like you have to see them again after it! Go for it and have fun!! let us know what happens
    Yeah I think you're right. I'm just gonna go for it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophieSmall)
    Immature in what way?
    Found a video of him jumping on a car. Which was kinda strange.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mcpon14)
    Definitely, definitely go on a date with him. Please, please, please, please do it, lol.
    Just to see if he's like that in real life? Haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chloesaunders1)
    Found a video of him jumping on a car. Which was kinda strange.
    :lol: yeah that is a bit strange. Though to be fair on him, not very much to go off/no context. Maybe give him a chance. You'll get a clearer picture if you meet him.

ReputationRep:
    , not for all men, they try and act funny in front of their friends but are actually quite mature when it comes to it!
    s
    :hahaha: ... yeah, All men.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by banoffeee)
    :hahaha: ... yeah, All men.
    i was trying not to put her off men :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    i was trying not to put her off men :rofl:
    Haha good sport! It is true, they do generally try to show off in front of their mates.

But yeah, some immaturity is not nec a bad thing, depending on how far they take it and in what situations. Could be a sign of someone fun lovin'.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by banoffeee)
    Haha good sport! It is true, they do generally try to show off in front of their mates.

But yeah, some immaturity is not nec a bad thing, depending on how far they take it and in what situations. Could be a sign of someone fun lovin'.
    they do and i find it SOOO ANNOYING OMG like there was this one time where i just looked at him and was like 'why are you doing that, stop that'
    its like when a dog is eating something it shouldnt be and it looks at you and starts chewing faster and the next thing you know youre having a battle with your dog to stop it from dying but the only battle here is when youre thinking to yourself 'why am i dating him?'

nah they should have the balance of mature and immature, like yeah be funny, its great, huge turn on, but like there's a time and place for everything ygm?

ReputationRep:
    they do and i find it SOOO ANNOYING OMG like there was this one time where i just looked at him and was like 'why are you doing that, stop that'
    its like when a dog is eating something it shouldnt be and it looks at you and starts chewing faster and the next thing you know youre having a battle with your dog to stop it from dying but the only battle here is when youre thinking to yourself 'why am i dating him?'

nah they should have the balance of mature and immature, like yeah be funny, its great, huge turn on, but like there's a time and place for everything ygm?
    Haha! Indeed. Suppose they have to irritate you a little or it'd be boring...

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 22, 2017
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.