The Student Room Group

Pregnancy Scares

Have you ever had a pregnancy scare?
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous

I tend to get paranoid about getting pregnant even though I was on the pill and now the implant and he always pulls out. I take the test every month or two just to be sure still.
Despite being on the pill, I get really paranoid about getting pregnant and every time I'm even a day late I instantly assume the worst. One time the paranoia got really bad though, ended up taking a test because I was due to start taking my pill the next day and still hadn't gotten my period (which had never happened before). The test came back negative and I got my period the next day, thankfully.

Before I went on the pill, there was another scare because the condom broke. We did get me the morning after pill, but you know, it isn't 100%. That was what made me want to get on the pill in the first place.
Reply 3
When I was actually pregnant, I felt 'normal' and could have bet my life on the fact I wasn't pregnant since I felt fine, never missed a pill etc so you can imagine my surprise and horror when the test came back positive! I only even took the test because my husband said he noticed a change in me and my period was late but I was just by with pneumonia at the time so I put it down to stress from recovering from that.

Since then, I've had a few times when I was worried I was pregnant because I was extra moody, extra hungry and just didn't feel right, even though I took the pill like clockwork (a new one from the one that failed) - turned out just to be my period coming.
Original post by Anonymous

What makes you ask? Are you currently going through this?
Yes, i think most girls do to be honest. I’ve had them many times , I ended up going on the pill just to be sure but it still scares me.

Quick Reply

Latest