A very weird Housemate. Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
I've made it anon because I don't want her to somehow find this and make it worse...!

Basically, I don't like her. I find all she does is complain. She only comes home about once a week, once a fortnight, and when she's there i will "talk" to her, but I don't like to encourage her constant whining so I don't have much to say to her.

This obviously got too much for her, and she started getting vindictive. The main thing shes been doing is turning my heat off (The boiler off when I'm the only one here, and my radiator when others are here). She's been writing things on her facebook status, as well as on other peoples facebook walls (that she knows I'll see). I've had a couple of *****y texts too. For the past 3-4 weeks, if I've been the only one here, she's come in and just completely ignored my existance. Which I am completely cool with, I like not being whined at.

Anyway. Yesterday, she came in about the same time I was, as per normal, nothign was said. I get a text after she's left (it was obviously just quickly in then out) asking if she'd offended me, and she didn't get why I compeltely ignored her. So I replied saying she had offended me. "Right, by doing what?". It seems a bit... Creepy, to act as if nothings happened?! I ignored that though. And today I got another message. "I want to know what I've done to offend you? Clearly from your lack of response i haven't done much im sick of you making me feel awkward".

I haven't been making her feel awkward. I've been in my room about 90% of the time she's been here. She's been asking my other housemates to go out for a meal but without a certain someone (me).

What do I do?! The more I ignore it, the more she seems to be angry that I won't argue with her!! It's kinda funny, but she's probably going to get even more vindictive and damage my stuff or something....
kopi, ffs
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Maybe you could just take some time to sit down and talk it out from the beginning, being completely honest, y'know, with the facebook statuses and radiators and everything. I mean, she seems to want to sort it out, and maybe there've just been misunderstandings because of lack of communication..
Nally
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Bodast)
Maybe you could just take some time to sit down and talk it out from the beginning, being completely honest, y'know, with the facebook statuses and radiators and everything. I mean, she seems to want to sort it out, and maybe there've just been misunderstandings because of lack of communication..
:dito:
Trigger
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Grow up and talk to her like an adult?
Epitomessence
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Text her back saying "What's all this with Facebook statuses and writing on other people's walls, then?" Maybe there's a innocent explanation. From the sounds of it, thouh, she just wants to pick fights with you.
blondevalkyrie
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
^^ I agree with trigger, you sound like your the one with the problem being rude etc. and do you know for certain it was her that turned the radiators off and stuff?
[email protected]
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Sounds to me like you are making her feel awkward by completely ignoring her.

Tell her that her constant whining has been getting to you. If she could just stop moaning about every little thing then maybe you could get along with her.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
I wasn't the one who began being rude, I've actually been perfectly polite to her until she decided things I was doing were for a horrible reason (Like putting the heater onto timer. I was accused of turning it off, when I explained that I had put it to timer rather than simply "on" because she quite often leaves it, and I knew I was going out... That was me being selfish). I'm never given opportunity to explain my actions, and when I do, they;re quite simply dismissed. I've just heard her leave complaining on the phone that her 2007 calander had gone from the kitchen and my 2008 one was there instead. Then I got a text telling me in future not to throw things out that weren't mine. Just because I moved it, doesn't mean it was me who threw it out.

I'm getting so fed up with her constant need to pick a fight. SHE completely ignored me. I was quite happy to continue with being civilised, but she didn't seem to want that. We've had "talks" before about how much she complains about things, and how much it gets to me... But nothign changes.

I'm just so angry with her and her behaviour.
Trigger
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
move out
bugmenot
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Think your worrying too much... Just get on with stuff... Just talk to her, be polite, and stop reacting maybe? The more you keep thinking that she is waging war against you by doing little things [She probably isn't] the more it will get worse...

Just seems daft...
I_L_S
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
you should have a meeting with all of your flatmates including her & get some ground rules in place. If she is specifically picking on you then your other flatmates will be witness to this. it's also worth aranging a flat evening out where you all go bowling or something so you can develop a better relationship with her.
Airel #2
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Theres someone in my class like this. Always moaning about something, his job, other people in our class, lecturers. He's never happy with anything. I can't stand people like that, but everyone seems to like him.
First in Flight
Report 11 years ago
I think the only way to resolve this is with sudden and extreme violence.

Or, you know, you could try behaving like adults and talk things through.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1388)
79.59%
Leave (356)
20.41%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed