The Student Room Group

Will he cheat again ??

No sexual intercourse however he took another girl out didn't do anything with her however still took her out, blocked her the day he saw her... this to me is cheating he may have kissed her I don't know. However no sexual intercourse or anything else took place. This was during times me and his relationship was breaking down.

Will my ex cheat again if I take him back ?, since the breakup it has been 3months... he still gets In contact with me.
Original post by Jessicapaula
No sexual intercourse however he took another girl out didn't do anything with her however still took her out, blocked her the day he saw her... this to me is cheating he may have kissed her I don't know. However no sexual intercourse or anything else took place. This was during times me and his relationship was breaking down.

Will my ex cheat again if I take him back ?, since the breakup it has been 3months... he still gets In contact with me.

Were you together officially at the time when he took the girl out?
If yes, definitely don't take him back. Once a cheater always a cheater.
Reply 2
A better question is why you would want to get back with someone who can't even stay loyal with you? He clearly didn't love you as much as you did and chances are it won't be any different since he knows you're weak for taking him back.

Move on.
Original post by banoffeee
Were you together officially at the time when he took the girl out?
If yes, definitely don't take him back. Once a cheater always a cheater.

Yes I believe so it was during the times me and him would have super bad arguments stuff like this sometimes I would get physical by pushing him and stuff in which he told me stop because he don't like it. This toxic bit had been going on for a long time in which he admitted he disliked me and how I would act during these times. It's been almost 2 month me and him split up he contacts me but I say I can't forgive him and I don't want him ATM.
Original post by UWS
A better question is why you would want to get back with someone who can't even stay loyal with you? He clearly didn't love you as much as you did and chances are it won't be any different since he knows you're weak for taking him back.

Move on.

Would I be seen as weak? I thought I was doing a good job avoiding him not contacting him breaking up shutting him down and telling him I can't and don't want to forgive u or be in a relationship with you ATM in my life. He pleads and begs. The only thing that gets to me is that the state our relationship was in at the time. It was horrible toxic and not nice at all. It being mine and his first relationships ( both 22) not knowning what to do right not being able to have past experience and lessons. I guess it would have hurt me more if it was a time me and him was good.
Yes I believe so it was during the times me and him would have super bad arguments stuff like this sometimes I would get physical by pushing him and stuff in which he told me stop because he don't like it. This toxic bit had been going on for a long time in which he admitted he disliked me and how I would act during these times. It's been almost 2 month me and him split up he contacts me but I say I can't forgive him and I don't want him ATM.

If you don't want to do then do it!

Trust me you're better off cutting off toxic relationships and anyone toxic in your life! You still have your whole life ahead of you... don't waste it on the wrong people!
Reply 6
Original post by banoffeee
Once a cheater always a cheater.

That’s just a stupid stereotype. Granted there are some to which it is true, however to others (like myself) it is not. I hate that phrase.
Original post by Scisaac
That’s just a stupid stereotype. Granted there are some to which it is true, however to others (like myself) it is not. I hate that phrase.

It depends on the situation in which you first cheated - e.g. if you cheated during an abusive relationship that you couldn't escape from because you were being repeatedly threatened, to give an example, you may not cheat again.
It's not just a stupid stereotype because frequently cheaters have low impulse control when it comes to cheating and repeat past behaviours. This has been shown in studies.
If you have confidence in yourself that you won't do it, then fair enough.
Original post by Scisaac

U think so? Have you got a story or advice to give to me. Thanks

yes he will most probably cheat again. i got cheated on by my ex in May, i took her back and she cheated again a couple of months ago, don't do it
Reply 10
Would I be seen as weak? I thought I was doing a good job avoiding him not contacting him breaking up shutting him down and telling him I can't and don't want to forgive u or be in a relationship with you ATM in my life. He pleads and begs. The only thing that gets to me is that the state our relationship was in at the time. It was horrible toxic and not nice at all. It being mine and his first relationships ( both 22) not knowning what to do right not being able to have past experience and lessons. I guess it would have hurt me more if it was a time me and him was good.

Yes, he broke the trust with you and thought he could get away with it. Who knows if he's trying to do the same to you again now? If the relationship was toxic and he tried to resolve it by cheating, there's every chance he will do the same again if you get into more arguments. It's hard to let go of a first love but it's the best time to do that now.
Q. Will he cheat again?
A. Yes
Original post by Scisaac

Sh*t cheaters say

Quick Reply