The Student Room Group

Physician associate early revision

Hi Guys,

I will be starting the physician associate degree next year February. And I want to start some revision and reading before the course starts so as to not be overwhelmed too much.

Could current or qualified PA's share the common topics that students find difficult?

And could you also share areas that I could get started on, to aid my transition before starting the course?

I'd really appreciate the help.

Thank you
Reply 1
I dont think you will find many physician associates in this forum matey, but nevertheless you dont need to revise before the course! It wont advantage you and you should relax!
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by I'm nobody
Hi Guys,

I will be starting the physician associate degree next year February. And I want to start some revision and reading before the course starts so as to not be overwhelmed too much.

Could current or qualified PA's share the common topics that students find difficult?

And could you also share areas that I could get started on, to aid my transition before starting the course?

I'd really appreciate the help.

Thank you

I am just finishing my first year and yes it will definitely benefit you, but is not necessary.

I don't know if you will do a systems based approach, but what I advise is to look up the relevant physiology for the system that you are studying first. The lecture notes series is very good as it has a very succinct theory section. If you torrent you can find them easily. A lot of studying will be self directed, in many cases including physiology. So if you can fit that in before you will have less you need to learn.
Reply 3
Original post by BChutney
I am just finishing my first year and yes it will definitely benefit you, but is not necessary.

I don't know if you will do a systems based approach, but what I advise is to look up the relevant physiology for the system that you are studying first. The lecture notes series is very good as it has a very succinct theory section. If you torrent you can find them easily. A lot of studying will be self directed, in many cases including physiology. So if you can fit that in before you will have less you need to learn.

Hi!! Thank you! Really appreciate the advice. I've tried to google it but couldn't find the torrent. Could you send me the link please?
Original post by I'm nobody
Hi!! Thank you! Really appreciate the advice. I've tried to google it but couldn't find the torrent. Could you send me the link please?

No problem. I can't send you a link at the moment but if you go onto a pirate bay proxy which you can find on Google you can find the lecture notes books.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending