international management vs business management?

Watch this thread
shivanibhargava
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Which of the two has greater academic and employer reputation? International Management or Business Management?

Also which one is better for a foreign student to pursue in a UK uni?
University of Bath
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by shivanibhargava)
Which of the two has greater academic and employer reputation? International Management or Business Management?

Also which one is better for a foreign student to pursue in a UK uni?
Hey, my name is Alice and I am a second year studying Management at Bath. We also offer degree courses in Management with Marketing and International Management at the university so I may be able to explain some of the differences.

Management at Bath is already a very international course. I have been in groups with students from Europe, Asia and Africa. Here, the courses share the same programme in first year with the option to choose module options in second year - even though I study straight Management, I have been able to select International Management modules such as Business in Emerging Markets.

I would say that both are well respected courses. With lots of businesses looking to internationalise nowadays, studying International Management would certainly be relevant. Also with a placement year, experience working for an international company may help you stand out in job applications later on.

Hope this helps!
NowAndThen
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Most International Mgmt courses are 4 year courses while Business Management courses are 3 year courses. The additional year is to provide undergraduates with exposure and time to learn an additional language. As a foreign student, there is no advantage in the additional year. You will be better off doing a Masters after a 3yr Bachelors.
University of Bath
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by GandalfWhite)
Most International Mgmt courses are 4 year courses while Business Management courses are 3 year courses. The additional year is to provide undergraduates with exposure and time to learn an additional language. As a foreign student, there is no advantage in the additional year. You will be better off doing a Masters after a 3yr Bachelors.
Hey

Just thought I'd add that Management, International Management, Management with Marketing at Bath are all 4 year courses - although Management has a three year option. Most people do a placement year working for a company, but courses like IMML, which combine management with a language, include a placement year abroad.
iam_ojay
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
okay great, but do you need to have a background knowledge in same field to apply for a postgraduate study in int business managment? Also, will you be doing accounting or finace related courses?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (13)
29.55%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (17)
38.64%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (2)
4.55%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (2)
4.55%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (3)
6.82%
I’m starting to consider my university options (6)
13.64%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (0)
0%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
2.27%

Watched Threads