Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Things that happen during the day that annoy you Watch

ReputationRep:
    State your pet peeve that happens almost everyday.

For me it's when you're walking down the street and the person in front of you just stops to check their phone. Like MOVE
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Oneiropólos)

For me it's when you're walking down the street and the person in front of you just stops to check their phone. Like MOVE
    My friend calls that a method of natural selection

Similarly, people who walk in (threes or more) and don't make space for others on the pavement :rolleyes:

People who smoke at bus stops as well.

ReputationRep:
    People who take their shoes off in public places like restaurants or trains, like i don't want to smell or see your feet thanks
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    When people tell me to do something I clearly was about to do. I could be standing over a spilled cup of water with a paper towel in my hand, an inch above the puddle and my mum would STILL tell me "I hope you're going to clean that up". Well, that just makes it seem that I'm doing it because you told me to

Just everyone in general lol.

Also, people who stop right infront of you when walking. People who eat too loudly, or slurp their drinks really loudly - no need.

ReputationRep:
    When normies breathe my air.

ReputationRep:
    when people try and give me advice on something im already trying to work on

ReputationRep:
    When people unnecessarily violate your personal space - sometimes with an ulterior motive ugh
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    When people block a door way or take up most of an aisle in a shop while they talk to someone and look at you like you've offended the gods when you politely say "excuse me"

ReputationRep:
    yeah people who have no sense of personal space..
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    - people who stand in the way and feel the need to hold their social gatherings there
    - people who talk to me when I didn't initiate the conversation (with the exception of 5/6 people)
    - when I'm clearly trying to avoid interaction with anyone (I'll have earphones in and a book open in front of me) but someone still insists on making me talk

there are more; i'll edit as i remember

ReputationRep:
    If your a Londoner, you that the drivers like to slam the brakes on when there is a bus full of people.😩

ReputationRep:
    people who stop in the middle of the street as i'm trying to walk through! people who eat with their mouth open. people who violate my personal space and keep asking me questions when i don't want to talk to them... the list goes on!!

ReputationRep:
    omg tell me about it, especially when you are in a hurry.

i was coming off the tube one time during rush hour on my way to work and of course - out of all the times for them to be there - there was a bloody old lady with a trolly walking up the stairs in front of me. and on THE BLOODY STAIRS she decided to stop mid way to put something in her ****ing trolly!!! ohh man i almost bit her ****ing head off, then i tried squeezing past her and then she was all like 'ohh sorry' if I was a violent person I would have punched her in the ****ing head. honestly it should be a ****ing law or something, pensioners are not allowed on public transport during rush hour. and if they decide to still take it they should at least have the ****ing decency to get off the train last!!!

when i dont have time to do a poo and have to go on the bus needing one and feel very uncomfortable oh god dont remind me

ReputationRep:
    Waking up?

ReputationRep:

Keeping with the walking theme, ANYONE who walks slowly. I will literally tailgate them until there's a gap. Especially annoying when they walk in wide groups and block the whole path, or when they block the apex of any corners, forcing me to deviate from my racing-video-game-honed path.

People who smoke in crowded bus-stops. Of all places you choose to light up, you do it THERE? If you're going to do that, at least have the decency to understand that not everyone wants lung cancer.

This one guy who takes the same bus as me who hogs the group of 4 seats facing each other. He'll sit on the one closest to the aisle and put his feet on the one opposite, blocking off the two window seats. He isn't saving them for anyone else - those seats are just wasted.

People who talk about personal stuff too loudly. No, we do not want to hear about your relationship woes/sex-life/make-up-schedule.

People (usually girls) who queue up in the college canteen just for a bar of chocolate. Vending machines exist. Use them and make the queue shorter for others.

People who know I'm into cars who point out a flashy-looking car and ask "What car is that?". It gets boring real quick, especially when half the time the answer is "Porsche Boxster".

When someone asks the teacher a legitimate question relating to the topic of the lesson and the teacher can't answer it. Makes me think the teachers only know the A-level syllabus and nothing else.

When teachers pretend to be cool, use words that teenagers use or pretend to understand teenager things. 99% of the time it comes out as cringe.

ReputationRep:
    Loud chewing and people who eat greasy food on the bus. I don't mind if you take it with you, but I don't want someone to spill a nasty kebab all over my schoolbag. That, and people who think that Shakespeare wrote in Old English.

Just people.

ReputationRep:
    I fail to die peacefully in my sleep.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.