The Student Room Group

The Procrastinate Inn - Particle Physics Quiz!

Scroll to see replies

w +, w- and z0 bosons
Ions? I'm stumped.
proton electron ans electron (anti)neutrino
W and Z bosons
eurons
Idk like 6 protons are exchanged for 8 neutrons??? :dontknow:
W+ W- Z bosons
or i could be saying crap which means no **** since my physics book doesnt specify this particularly
I used to know all this :frown:
Up Quark, Down Quark, Electron,Neutrinos(Beta plus decay)/AntiNeutrinos(Beta minus decay), Gluon(Strong Nuclear Force Carriers), W+,W-,Z0(Weak Nuclear Force Carriers), Virtual Photon(Electromagnetic Force Carrier).
Protons and Neutrons are not fundamental as they consist of Quarks. I'm not sure whether the force carriers count as particles but I've included them anyway. The question didn't say a stable atom so we must include Neutrions/AntiNeutrions as well as the Weak Nuclear Force Carriers.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Dalek1099
Up Quark, Down Quark, Electron,Neutrinos(Beta plus decay)/AntiNeutrinos(Beta minus decay), Gluon(Strong Nuclear Force Carriers), W+,W-,Z0(Weak Nuclear Force Carriers), Virtual Photon(Electromagnetic Force Carrier).
Protons and Neutrons are not fundamental as they consist of Quarks. I'm not sure whether the force carriers count as particles but I've included them anyway. The question didn't say a stable atom so we must include Neutrions/AntiNeutrions as well as the Weak Nuclear Force Carriers.

you really didnt have to give a whole essay you know xD
Question 7 - What is quark confinement?

Spoiler

Uhh
the theory that you can’t have a quark on it’s own ie they always come in pairs
Not sure I've ever heard of that.
When mad people are put in an aslyum
It is where the quark can't be observed under normal conditions because it can't be isolated

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by y.u.mad.bro?
you really didnt have to give a whole essay you know xD

But I like essays :colone:
Original post by Dalek1099

Top marks my pal :borat:

Spoiler

Is that the theory of how they exist within certain spaces because of how distance relates to the energy of a system?

Quick Reply

Latest