The Student Room Group

do straight men have guy crushes/fantasies?

almost every straight woman I know - including myself - has girl crushes. despite being 100% certain that I am straight I even have the odd lesbian fantasy once in a blue moon, I've definitely thought about experimenting just out of curiosity. I'd always pick men to be with therefore I don't consider myself to be bi at all.

Does it work the same for men? i know its more taboo for them to admit to thats why they never talk about it openly but do straight men ever get curious/tempted about another men? have you ever had a gay wet dream? do you have guy crushes??

Scroll to see replies

If you're sexually attracted to women as well as men then you're bi.
Reply 2
Original post by Student-95
If you're sexually attracted to women as well as men then you're bi.

I'm just curious? does that really make me bi??
Original post by Anonymous
I'm just curious? does that really make me bi??

Yes
Its actually better known with guys I swear, but it’s called a “man crush”
Are you sure you're a 100% straight because this sounds like a bisexual thing. I've never known any straight men/women to have these fantasies?
Original post by BrianMcEgg
Its actually better known with guys I swear, but it’s called a “man crush”

A "man crush" is not sexual. It's basically when you idolise another man. You don't have gay fantasies about him.
Vomitrocious.
almost every straight woman I know - including myself - has girl crushes. despite being 100% certain that I am straight I even have the odd lesbian fantasy once in a blue moon, I've definitely thought about experimenting just out of curiosity. I'd always pick men to be with therefore I don't consider myself to be bi at all.

Does it work the same for men? i know its more taboo for them to admit to thats why they never talk about it openly but do straight men ever get curious/tempted about another men? have you ever had a gay wet dream? do you have guy crushes??

Don’t concern yourself with labels.

The idea that there’s no possible way you could be sexually attracted to someone of the same gender if you’re straight is a flawed one.
If you're sexually attracted as a man to another man or as a woman to another woman, you are as straight as the Pisa tower.

If you idolise another man as a man or another woman as a woman, be it for their personality or their body, but no sexual attraction is involved, it's basically extended jealousy or aspiration.

Anyone who says you can be straight and want to suck another dude's **** is probably a weirdo that will start to shout about the 'spectrum' before you say hello.
Reply 10
Original post by Bart12345
If you're sexually attracted as a man to another man or as a woman to another woman, you are as straight as the Pisa tower.

If you idolise another man as a man or another woman as a woman, be it for their personality or their body, but no sexual attraction is involved, it's basically extended jealousy or aspiration.

Anyone who says you can be straight and want to suck another dude's **** is probably a weirdo that will start to shout about the 'spectrum' before you say hello.

can i be straight and enjoy pegging? :frown:
Original post by Froppy
can i be straight and enjoy pegging? :frown:

might as well just get a mtf and proclaim yourself as swinging both ways at that point
No, otherwise they'd be homosexual...or bisexual if they like women also
Hey so there’s actually studies into this with regards to the psychology of cisgender women and men. Apparently, it is more or less impossible to find an exclusively heterosexual cis female, whereas men are much more exclusive with regards to that. So most women who identify as straight, do indeed have the occasional ‘girl crush’.
(edited 6 years ago)

I'd say a guy who crushes on a male who does not look like a woman isn't straight, without exception. I cannot fathom what it is women see in masculine men that would make them want to have sex with one apart from him being endowed with a large... amount of cash she is seeking to be given access to.
Reply 15
What the actual ****.

Hell no.

You don't seem super straight, honestly.
Original post by Student-95
A "man crush" is not sexual. It's basically when you idolise another man. You don't have gay fantasies about him.

**** ye
Original post by VirgoStrain
It really doesn’t. I sometimes fantasise but in real life I wouldn’t do it.

You're still gay, you just don't act on it.
Yup, it is really that straightforward.

Quick Reply

Latest