Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Lets get something straight, sweat when first made does not smell, it when it goes stale it does.
    It sounds like you are clean and good personal hygiene. I wash every few days and I do not smell.
    Just pull one of uyour friends aside and ask them honest, if you smell.
    However if you are a group of Asian boys, you will prob all smell.
    erm...what?!

ReputationRep:
    yah that does sound a tad racist to me as well....

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone read the first Patricia Cornwell Scarpetta novel!? :eek:

ReputationRep:
    If you do sweat excessively, it could be a thing called Hyperhidrosis, which affects more people than you think. Basically, you can start sweating in even the most minor situations.

If you go into Boots or somewhere like that, and go to the deodrants section. There's a really strong roll-on or bottle called PerspireX that you can use every other night. It basically stops you from sweating. It is quite expensive, £7 i think, but it lasts long. And i read somewhere that if you get the Hand and Foot one, and use it on your armpits, it can be more effective. No sweat should mean no smell.

If it is bothering you that much, i would say just give it a try

ReputationRep:
    ok people are trying to help but why is no one reading the thread properly? He has said he doedsn't sweat abnormally...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Opsimathmo)
    ok people are trying to help but why is no one reading the thread properly? He has said he doedsn't sweat abnormally...
    I was just making a suggestion. That stuff makes you stop sweating completely, which could therefore stop the smell.

We aren't doctors! I was just trying to offer a suggestion! We don't even know if he smells in the first place...

Hey guys -

Today was better; I got a bath before leaving for school (As I always have; and always will do :P) but I didnt use Imperial Leather Soap; I used somthing else instead. Did everything else as usual (Cept used a sanex deodorant instead of Mitchum) and left with a positive "I dont stink" attitude.

As far as I could tell today; I didnt smell bad - Nobody auctualy made any indication of such; though the thaught was still slightly in the back of my mind so hopefully tomorrow will be the same and I can put all this behind me.

Im not gonna have 2 baths as there seems to be a concensus that it make make the issue worse; so 1 bath a day from now on (Morning obviously) - Unless I do some sport or somthin.

Cheers for the help People!

ReputationRep:
    Maybe you smell of grease and oil, like your house itself smells...

(Original post by Speedbird2008)
    Maybe you smell of grease and oil, like your house itself smells...
    My house doesnt smell of greese and oil!

ReputationRep:
    I'm glad it's working out for you Maybe it was just a weird reaction to the soap you were using then! Keep using different brands to see if it's better.

All the best of luck

(Original post by Anonymous)
    Hello; please keep anonymous. Im 16 and I have a distressing problem that has been with me the past year, I am extremely hygineic (2 Baths a day) and I always wear clean clothes and use a good deodorant/antipirsprint (tried hundreds). However it would seem that i smell based on what people say and how they behave around me. On multiple occasions (Including complete strangers) I have been told by some rude people that I smell bad; somtimes when I am on the bus I think I can hear people saying how it stinks; people seem to comment on somthing smelling bad when I cant smell anything; people seem to cough when im near them or sniff etc.

I dont understand this, as i have said im very hyginic and its so hard to go through each day with this in the back of my mind. Its like a constant cloud and im always looking to "test" if I do smell. Like i said i cant smell if I smell or not and when I have asked friends and family they tell me I dont smell. The doctor said theres nothing wrong with me either. Im so frustrated over this; Every day without fail somthing reinforces this theory that I smell.

For example on the bus home today; I sit down in my seat and theres a man (bout 26) and his friend/girlfriend (also around his age). After about 1 min of me sitting down the man says to his friend "Thats disgusting that isnt it?". So I sortof half turn round for a second (I dont look at him or anythin I just try to get an idea of what hes talking about from the corner of my eye) and then it seemed as if he noticed and sortof tried to blur what he meant by saying "That sun wasnt even as strong as that in the summer"

(The sun was low at the time and shining into our eyes on the bus; and it was extremely glareing - but why on earth would he discribe the sun being strong as "Disgusting". I think he was talking about my apparant smell...)

Also today; going in for an exam - Sombody standing by me "Oh it stinks of BO" to his mate (Though this time I could auctualy smell somthing myself)

Im going spare here! every day is a struggle and I cant stand living like this anymore PLEASE HELP

when u use a spray yea dont spray it under your arms coz that is gonna make u sweat even more. Try sraying on your shoulder and on the right side of your stomach.

ReputationRep:
    onions garlic and fish all make body odour smell stronger so stay clear of those if you eat a lot of them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kates:))
    onions garlic and fish all make body odour smell stronger so stay clear of those if you eat a lot of them
    have you read any of the other posts?

ReputationRep:
    yes, but i haven't trawled through every single one. so?

ReputationRep:
    so..about 5 people have made the same point... and a few posts ago the OP said his problem was better...

sorry. it's just that someone above made a point about excessive sweating, then lottie made the same point that i'm making...nm.

ReputationRep:
    i didn't realise every post had to be original:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Has the OP asked his parents, siblings or friends what he smells of?

ReputationRep:
    :p: how did I know I would get neg repped for that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by squeak)
    so..about 5 people have made the same point... and a few posts ago the OP said his problem was better...

sorry. it's just that someone above made a point about excessive sweating, then lottie made the same point that i'm making...nm.
    Same point you're making? Didn't you say about brands? And i said about excessive sweating? To be honest, when i made that first post i hadn't looked through the other posts properly... Bad me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by squeak)

look see I apologised...

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.