I want to start self studying AS computer science

Watch this thread
4kh
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Like the title says I want to start studying AS computer science to take the exam since my school does not have teachers to teach it, and i am lost as to where to start.I got told that the Cambridge AS CS book is not good for self studying but where do I start from that will give me help in succeeding in my AS exam?
omarathon
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
When I did Computer Science AS there was a programming project. It's likely you'd have to do one of those, and without teachers that would be hard... Look for an exam-board your like first, then buy the appropriate textbook for that exam-board. AQA was good for Computer Science in GCSE, not sure what it's like in AS though as I was doing WJEC (I do not recommend!).
the bear
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
here are some useful resources on the interwebs:

https://www.stem.org.uk/resources/co...mputer-science
Lemur14
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
AryanGh Any tips?
4kh
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by the bear)
here are some useful resources on the interwebs:

https://www.stem.org.uk/resources/co...mputer-science
oooo thank you those seem very helpful!

(Original post by omarathon)
When I did Computer Science AS there was a programming project. It's likely you'd have to do one of those, and without teachers that would be hard... Look for an exam-board your like first, then buy the appropriate textbook for that exam-board. AQA was good for Computer Science in GCSE, not sure what it's like in AS though as I was doing WJEC (I do not recommend!).
Yes looking at a different exam board was suggested to me and I heard decent things about AQA's A/AS level book for computer science.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Does school Maths prepare people well enough for the future?

Yes, it gives everyone a good foundation for any future path (48)
31.17%
Somewhat, if your future involves maths/STEM (67)
43.51%
No, it doesn't teach enough practical life skills (38)
24.68%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
0.65%

Watched Threads