Macquarie Capital First Round Interview Watch

adrian88
Badges: 1
Report 10 years ago
Psychometric testing is numerical, verbal, and logical...
in_it_2_win_it
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Oh right, i meant is there like a Personality/Fit type questions where they ask you what you are Most/Least like.. Or is that what the Sales Test is meant to be. Like provide you with 5 different statement and say which one are you most or least like..
ashrestha
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
i think they phoned me back within 2 days saying when would you like to book your final interview and ya i think i only did those 4 but im not completely sure. sorry!
by the way the AC is usually done on the same evening and they only let people who passed the interview through to the AC. so if they say something like 'are you free this evening?' after the interview that means you have aced the interview part.
defiantshrimp
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
If you've done the first interview and the tests, are the next two interviews the final two before offer? They weren't very clear....
in_it_2_win_it
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Yeah i was told after my interview that i had got through, but it finished after 5.30, so missed the last AC. I was asked to schedule the AC for another day, and have it coming up.

I think she said after the AC, there are two interviews one with MD/VP and Associate (something like that) which is basically the final round. She also said you could get an offer by the end of next week, trying to demonstrate how efficient they are..
defiantshrimp
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Cool! Let's hope all goes well Best of luck.
in_it_2_win_it
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
btw - at the AC are the tests paper based or computer based?
he1c14h10
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by in_it_2_win_it)
btw - at the AC are the tests paper based or computer based?
Computer based.

Got invited for final round today and was today there would be one technical interivew and one competency-based.
in_it_2_win_it
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Anyone else get invited to final round or had it? How long did it take for them to get back to you after AC?

I'm yet to hear back from my AC!
ashrestha
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
They try to get back to you within 2-3 days normally but it just depends on the volume of interviews. Especially, around this time, when most of the interviews take place.
in_it_2_win_it
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Fair enough ashrestha. Probably a hectic time...

Anyone had Final Round at Macquarie? What to expect?
rockyreckless
Report 10 years ago
Hi All,

I have a Macquarie Psychometric test & interview due this Friday. Its for a role in their Asset Finance team within Macquarie Capital, in Australia.

Does anyone have any clues to what kind of questions may come up in the tests & interviews. I have got a rough idea that tests mostly look for you Verbal, Data Interpretation & Analytical reasoning, not quite sure what they ask for in interview.

Any pointers/suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks in Advance,

Rocky.
bally
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
ozbankers.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2

Has some bog standard Maccas questions.
rockyreckless
Report 10 years ago
Many Thanks Bally,

The link was really useful.

Cheers,

Rocky.
macq
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by rockyreckless)
Hi All,

I have a Macquarie Psychometric test & interview due this Friday. Its for a role in their Asset Finance team within Macquarie Capital, in Australia.

Does anyone have any clues to what kind of questions may come up in the tests & interviews. I have got a rough idea that tests mostly look for you Verbal, Data Interpretation & Analytical reasoning, not quite sure what they ask for in interview.

Any pointers/suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks in Advance,

Rocky.
Rockyreckless,

Could you please share with us progress on your application? Are you with Macquarie now?

I applied for a position with Macquarie Capital.

I have jst completed their psychometric tests and have been invited for a final round interview. It will be much appreciated if you could share your experience ... who were the final rnd interviewers and nature of ques/interview?

Thanks
PhilIvey
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by macq)
Rockyreckless,

Could you please share with us progress on your application? Are you with Macquarie now?

I applied for a position with Macquarie Capital.

I have jst completed their psychometric tests and have been invited for a final round interview. It will be much appreciated if you could share your experience ... who were the final rnd interviewers and nature of ques/interview?

Thanks
Hey, what was the psychometric tests like? Hard, easy? What was involved and the pass marks, etc.? Thanks.
Inter-Company
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
anything else you want to know PhilIvey? :rolleyes:
mendelssohn
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Every post in this thread has been read out in an australian accent in my head. I cant help it..
Redeyejedi
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
The Numerical, Verbal and abstract reasoning are tests are straigt from SHL. Fairly easy stuff if your in the right frame of mind. Pass mark, purportedly high. Or so they told us. If you apply for CF/PE they'll make you take some god awful sales-test. (e.g.)

Q. Would you sell a product you did not believe in to your grandmother.

No joke. I nearly walked out, after the tenth time the est asked me the same question. Annoying.

Macq seems like a great company though. Really unusual place to work what with you mostly doing their infrastructure work. Comp is supposed to be 10-15% above average as well - not in fairness sure if that is enough to persuade most who have an offer at a BB to go to Mac.
Inter-Company
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
haha what were the options for that grandma question - just yes or no?

what do they want to deduce from that sales test? i.e. is it like the psychometric test but for sales?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (71)
30.21%
No - I got the required grades (133)
56.6%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (31)
13.19%

Watched Threads