The Student Room Group

Camps international?

My school is offering us a trip to Costa Rica via Camps International. Was wondering if anyone had been on any of their trips before and if so what your opinions were? I will be going on the Costa Rica one in the summer of 2019 for 4 weeks however it is £4,000 . Although I have not made a commitment, I have until next Friday to decide wether I want to reserve a place or not. Just if your interested, the trip are run by CampsInternational a for profit organisation. During the trip, we get to help Costa Rican communities through helping to build houses, schools, desks, irrigation systems and helping to improve the community. Also we get to go on safaris and get a qualification in scuba diving. It sounds like an amazing opportunity to finish off year 13 with. Just wondering about your opinions and if any had done before? Is it safe? Is it worth the money?
(edited 6 years ago)
The trips look amazing & Costa Rica is beautiful but £4000 is a lot of money, you could literally go to the Maldives or Bora Bora for a month with that budget! Do you think you will be able to raise that much? Do they say how much money actually goes to good causes? I would recommend checking Camps International reviews or try to contact past people on their Facebook page to see if it is worth it. I guess you could always commit then pull out? Did you apply in the end?
Reply 2
I checked the reviews. It seemed to me that even though the actual trip would be great, the two years prep wouldn’t be worth it. I think the cons outweighed the pros. I didn’t apply for it.
Reply 3
It was also suggested that a lot of the money went to the organisation rather than the community. A bit like an all inclusive holiday tbh.

Quick Reply

Latest