Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I know people will think i'm crazy, but i feel like the uk government are behind people getting cancer. I think they put something in the foods we buy because the cancer death rate has massively increased. It is increasig as science is developing? I also feel like they need the population to decrease rapidly because the population is massively increasing and they can't afford to spend too much money on people. It's harder to get into university(so they dont need to give student finance to a lot of people), the life in the UK test is extremely hard(this prevents lots of people entering the UK)... for me it all adds up. Isn't that weird? I am bengali and i have a massive family that live in this country that have been diagnosed with cancer, or have died from it. I also have a larger family in bangladesh (really really really big proportion), and we always contact them every week, and no one has been diagnosed or have died from it. It's really weird because there is a higher death rate and science is becoming more developed and we are finding out lots of ways to cure many diseases. Does anyone think the same??

ReputationRep:
    No... Check out epigentics and how this links in to the sudden increase in mortality due to cancer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wolfram Alpha)
    No... Check out epigentics and how this links in to the sudden increase in mortality due to cancer.
    I can't find the answer. Could you explain it to me please.

ReputationRep:
    As a cancer survivor I can not describe how angry people like you make me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ReadilySalted)
    I know people will think i'm crazy, but i feel like the uk government are behind people getting cancer. I think they put something in the foods we buy because the cancer death rate has massively increased. It is increasig as science is developing? I also feel like they need the population to decrease rapidly because the population is massively increasing and they can't afford to spend too much money on people. It's harder to get into university(so they dont need to give student finance to a lot of people), the life in the UK test is extremely hard(this prevents lots of people entering the UK)... for me it all adds up. Isn't that weird? I am bengali and i have a massive family that live in this country that have been diagnosed with cancer, or have died from it. I also have a larger family in bangladesh (really really really big proportion), and we always contact them every week, and no one has been diagnosed or have died from it. It's really weird because there is a higher death rate and science is becoming more developed and we are finding out lots of ways to cure many diseases. Does anyone think the same??
    Absolutely not. First of all, statistics show that more people are surviving than ever before. Secondly, Cancer is a very complex disease, it is caused by one simple thing in food. It takes an average of 8 genetic somatic mutations to make a cell become cancerous. Cancer costs the UK government a ridiculous amount of money, why on earth would they induce it? If they wanted to control the population they would do it with something that kills faster and costs less to treat. A lot of these new cancer drugs cost thousands, kadcyla price is around £2000 per injection, lenalidomide is over £8000 for 21 capsules.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone think the same??
    No.

"The earliest known descriptions of cancer appear in several papyri from ancient Egypt. The Edwin Smith Papyrus was written around 1600 BC (possibly a fragmentary copy of a text from 2500 BC) and contains a description of cancer, as well as a procedure to remove breast tumours by cauterisation."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by uptownpunkk)
    As a cancer survivor I can not describe how angry people like you make me.
    As someone who is pursuing a masters in cancer biology and hopefully a PhD I share the same sentiments

ReputationRep:

Also, we routinely give human papilloma virus vaccinations and hepatitis B vaccinations, both of which act to PREVENT cancer and are government funded.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry if i upset anyone. I haven't got the full wider knowledge and I deeply am sorry if I have made anyone upset, this is not intentional. I am really really sorry. I will be deleting the thread because I don't want anyone here to be disheartened or annoyed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilGem)
    As someone who is pursuing a masters in cancer biology and hopefully a PhD I share the same sentiments
    I’m just finishing my MSc in Cancer Biology!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by georgem93)
    I’m just finishing my MSc in Cancer Biology!
    I've just finished my first 2 modules- have my next set just after new year! then the literature review and project till september :woo:

ReputationRep:
    I've just finished my first 2 modules- have my next set just after new year! then the literature review and project till september :woo:
    Where are you studying?

ReputationRep:
    Also, we routinely give human papilloma virus vaccinations and hepatitis B vaccinations, both of which act to PREVENT cancer and are government funded.
    By ABVD Chemo treatment cost the government around £10K per treatment. Having treatments every 2 weeks for 3 months, that's £60K right there. Not to mention all the anti sickness drugs, anti pneumonia drugs, anti gout drugs, painkillers, and steroids. I was also given GCSF to stimulate my bone marrow to produce white blood cells because I became neutropenic, and had to be given valium because going in for chemo caused panic attacks.

Then there's the original biopsy, the stem cell biopsy, the CT scans and PET scans. God knows how much of a bill I would have racked up hadn't I been able to rely on the NHS.

The government paid for all that. And then they had to do it a hundred times over again in that year. Would they really cause something they're only going to have to go and foot the bill for?

ReputationRep:
    Where are you studying?
    Sheffield what about you?

ReputationRep:
    Sorry if i upset anyone. I haven't got the full wider knowledge and I deeply am sorry if I have made anyone upset, this is not intentional. I am really really sorry. I will be deleting the thread because I don't want anyone here to be disheartened or annoyed.
    Personally I'd rather you kept the thread up and discussed with me why you think this? I mean that in the kindest possible way, I just want to see the reason behind why you think it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by uptownpunkk)
    By ABVD Chemo treatment cost the government around £10K per treatment. Having treatments every 2 weeks for 3 months, that's £60K right there. Not to mention all the anti sickness drugs, anti pneumonia drugs, anti gout drugs, painkillers, and steroids. I was also given GCSF to stimulate my bone marrow to produce white blood cells because I became neutropenic, and had to be given valium because going in for chemo caused panic attacks.

Then there's the original biopsy, the stem cell biopsy, the CT scans and PET scans. God knows how much of a bill I would have racked up hadn't I been able to rely on the NHS.

The government paid for all that. And then they had to do it a hundred times over again in that year. Would they really cause something they're only going to have to go and foot the bill for?
    My point was more stating why would they routinely vaccinate to prevent a disease they’re supposedly causing.
    I’m very much aware that it’s not the case that they attempt to induce cancers.
    Some of the anti sickness drugs are £60 for a single tablet now.

ReputationRep:
    Sheffield what about you?
    Kingston! I’ve finished my research project, just writing it up now! I was looking at fibroblast growth factor signalling in cervical cancer.

ReputationRep:
    My point was more stating why would they routinely vaccinate to prevent a disease they’re supposedly causing.
    I’m very much aware that it’s not the case that they attempt to induce cancers.
    Some of the anti sickness drugs are £60 for a single tablet now.
    The vaccinations are also a good point.

£60?! That's mad!

ReputationRep:
    Kingston! I’ve finished my research project, just writing it up now! I was looking at fibroblast growth factor signalling in cervical cancer.
    Oh cool I find out my project in about 2 weeks

3 of my choices are breast cancer based, the other is multiple myeloma and the last is apoptosis of CAFs and cancer progression

ReputationRep:
    IF anything, it wouldn't be the government "causing cancer" through adding things to food etc because the government doesn't create the food. Corporations create the food so they would be the ones to blame if your conspiracy theory was correct.

Also, I have heard the theory that the cure for cancer has been found but not revealed to the general public because there's much money to be made from treating cancer (not necessarily UK, maybe the US).
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.