BAN Halal meat and halal animal slaughter Watch

This discussion is closed.
kokaled
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
why you telling us to?

get a picket sign and complain about it outside parliament yourself you lazy buffoon
Aimen Z
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Do you even know what halal meat is?
prettygirlxx
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
breathe... it's okay. it's just meat boi. calm down. no need to cry kid
icequeenTM
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
How long did it take for you to think of this?
icequeenTM
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Actually wait. I don’t care
TraineeNimrab
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You know..halal meat is slightly cleaner...the literal only difference is the way it is slaughtered..the taste is the same...and if you don’t want to purchase halal meat...don’t purchase it...that way, you wont be “supporting islamic religious extremism (which it is not its just..meat..) and fundamentalism by consuming or purchasing halal meat or products”. Don’t sweat about it! Im sure there a waaayyyy more important things to discuss no?

Good day
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
hjksew
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by TraineeNimrab)
You know..halal meat is slightly cleaner...the literal only difference is the way it is slaughtered..the taste is the same...and if you don’t want to purchase halal meat...don’t purchase it...that way, you wont be “supporting islamic religious extremism (which it is not its just..meat..) and fundamentalism by consuming or purchasing halal meat or products”. Don’t sweat about it! Im sure there a waaayyyy more important things to discuss no?

Good day
Seriously people like you really piss me off. Anytime animal torture is discussed you cry 'there's more important things to worry abouts' its just meat blah blah'

**** that ****. ANIMAL TORTURE IS WRONG AND ITS NOT JUST MEAT.

Be a whole different story if you were the animal that was getting its throat cut. Spending its last minutes screaming and crying in agony.

'but but ' its just meat.

**** RIGHT OFF
dickwhittington
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Slaughter is slaughter
Go vegan if you really care
icequeenTM
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Martin Chanel)
UK muslim League members always start crying, when we discuss important public issues on this forum. WHY? dont u like free speech and democracy. !
Never once mentioned I didn’t like free speech. I’m just not obliged to listen to you.
marzipan1030
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
If you have a problem don’t eat it. Besides there is labelling- if you have heard of it- so British shoppers will know which meat is halal and which meat isn’t. Besides I doubt many people who eat halal meat actually want to support Islamic extremism
roger888
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by kokaled)
why you telling us to?

get a picket sign and complain about it outside parliament yourself you lazy buffoon
Ban kosher as well.
tayyiba.c
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Any non-idiotic reasoning behind this?
ybr16
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by kokaled)
why you telling us to?

1) Halal meat is cleaner because there is no blood in it. Blood serves as a vector for bacteria and disease. I know a friend who's mum can only eat halal and kosher meat because she gets sick if she eats normal meat.

2) Scientifically proven, Halal methods of slaughter are more humane. An experiment conducted by Professor Schultz in Germany proved this.
Source: http://hmacanada.org/german-study-on-stunning/

3)The prayers said before slaughter relax the animal source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quhV...has_verified=1
(This video states that its disturbing in the beginning but there is no killing or anything)

4) The actual slaughter is only one part of the halal process. There is a minimum age as to when an animal is slaughtered and there are strict guidelines on the way an animal is treated e.g. Any animal who is injured is disqualified from halal.

Hopes this helps.
Joleee
  • Debate & Current Affairs Helper
Badges: 18
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by tayyiba.c)
But in what way is Halal meat worse? The reason why the animal is cut by the throat is that it is the most painless way to kill that animal, as severs the nerves (and probably some other biology **** that i don't understand). Its fine if you don't support animal slaughter in general but there's no reason halal meat is worse
please dont bump old threads :embarrassed:
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (4)
33.33%
The paper was reasonable (3)
25%
Not feeling great about that exam... (1)
8.33%
It was TERRIBLE (4)
33.33%

Watched Threads