The Student Room Group

Rejected by Cambridge for medicine pre-interview

:frown:
(edited 6 years ago)
Ums scores?
Original post by Hermionek
Despite of the required predicted grades, decent BMAT scores, strong GCSEs, a range of work experiences and several academic achievements, I got rejected by a university that interviews 90% of their medical applicants.....? I find it so unfair that my classmate, who doesn't even take 3 science/math subjects at A-level, got an interview. What do I do? Can't take this anymore.

Is it Cambridge?
Cambridge does not interview 90% of their medicine applicants and you posted in University of Cambridge forum.
Reply 3
Original post by Hermionek
Despite of the required predicted grades, decent BMAT scores, strong GCSEs, a range of work experiences and several academic achievements, I got rejected by a university that interviews 90% of their medical applicants.....? I find it so unfair that my classmate, who doesn't even take 3 science/math subjects at A-level, got an interview. What do I do? Can't take this anymore.

According to this you had a poor BMAT and UKCAT and no Biology A-level, and are you International*?

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=74478988

*In a different post you mention Keele has assessed you as International. Has Cambridge done the same? All MedSchools have a cap on International places.

Medicine is *extremely* competitive, and most applicants actually get 4 rejections, so good luck with your other applications.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply