The Student Room Group

'I'm glad I could help'??

If someone says 'I'm glad I could help' to you after thanking them for helping me, does it imply that they are your friend and care about you?

Who would you say something like 'I'm glad I could help to'?
I would say it to anyone personally - it’s a polite way to respond to someone thanking you. For example, I run a support account on instagram, and people message me for advice a lot - when they thank me for talking to them I always say “glad I could help!” (because I AM glad that I’ve helped someone and it’s polite!).
Reply 2
It's the sort of thing I would say to most people who thank me. Same as "no worries" or something like that. It's just a way to acknowledge that somebody has thanked you.
Doesn't mean they are or aren't your friend. The fact that they helped you shows that they care for you at least a little bit because they thought it was worth their time to do something for you, but that still doesn't necessarily make them your friend.

Like me responding here means I care at least a little bit about you (despite not knowing you) because I think it's worth replying. I still don't know you so couldn't be friends with you, but I care enough to try to explain something rather than ignore you.
And if you were to thank me I might respond with something like "glad I could help". Although that's something I'm more likely to say in person when I'm sat fave to face with somebody and kinda need to give a response to what they say.

Hope that helps :smile:
Reply 3

Quick Reply

Latest