The Student Room Group
Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website

PGCE Accommodation Bangor

Bangor is one of my options for PGCE (Been invited to interview) but ive heard that the accommodation situation is difficult?
I'm 4 and a half hours away from Bangor so would need accommodation at Bangor uni for the full year, does anyone know if this is possible? because I've read that if you're not fluent in welsh your placements are likely to be quite far outside of Bangor...
Realistically, id need to live in Bangor and carry out placements around Bangor, because south wales comes under Swansea/Cardiff placement areas so I couldn't do placement at home.
thanks
Savannah
Original post by savannahxaliciax
Bangor is one of my options for PGCE (Been invited to interview) but ive heard that the accommodation situation is difficult?
I'm 4 and a half hours away from Bangor so would need accommodation at Bangor uni for the full year, does anyone know if this is possible? because I've read that if you're not fluent in welsh your placements are likely to be quite far outside of Bangor...
Realistically, id need to live in Bangor and carry out placements around Bangor, because south wales comes under Swansea/Cardiff placement areas so I couldn't do placement at home.
thanks
Savannah

Hi savannahxaliciax

We do have Postgraduate accommodation available for the full year, please take a look at the link below for all details:

https://www.bangor.ac.uk/accommodation/halls/garth.php.en#tab-1

With regards to placement on the course and so on, I recommend that you contact the School of Education for the best advise:

https://www.bangor.ac.uk/courses/postgrad/webchat.php.en

Hope this helps :smile: and all the best

Sera (Bangor University Official Rep)
Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website
Original post by savannahxaliciax
thanks
Savannah

Hi! I am currently a Bangor Student and am moving back home due to placement! I am advertising my current room at £70 a week with all bills included. If you are interested please message me
Reply 3
Original post by Chelswynne
Hi! I am currently a Bangor Student and am moving back home due to placement! I am advertising my current room at £70 a week with all bills included. If you are interested please message me

Hello, I am interested. How can I contact you

Quick Reply

Latest