January exams Watch

Dynas21
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
I'm doing C1 and S1 maths exams in january and I think i got a C for C1. How imporant are the Jan exams? and what grade do u need to resit?
Areontas
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Depends what grade you're looking at getting overall - each module will count towards your final grade. So it doesn't matter whether you take them in January/June, just treat them as individual modules. You don't need to have failed or got a D or an E to re-sit - you re-sit depending on whether you individually want to, and need to achieve higher in order to meet a certain requirement. Some think revising for too many modules hinders their chances of doing well in all of them though and prefer to spread resits out over January/June, whilst others want to have second and third chances - it's a personal preference. I don't think a particular choice is better - it's about what suits you.
billyboymccoy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
you can resit on any grade. I have a mate who was gonna resit when he got 99 , AS a friend got 100 and he wanted to beat the other guy.

It does help to not need to retake though, as in the summer you will have loads of ecams otherwise.
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All undergraduate Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18

Do you like exams?