Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else done this one today?
    I didnt think it was too bad to be honest, but my friends were all saying the last question was really hard (involving all the cos and sin stuff) but I thought that 8 was much harder.

ReputationRep:
    I agree up to question 7 was easy then I screwed up Q8 and eventually got nine after a bit of effort. But overall not to bad.

ReputationRep:
    I did it as a resit.
    I didn't go back to learn theory, i just did some past paper questions and i struggled with the log rule and the proofs. Etc i ran out of time! I dont know how. I didn't even get time to see how many marks i may have gotten.

I hated the new layout though. I will have to resit it in May/June.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah the first 6 or 7 questions were really easy compared to some on the past papers, but the last couple were definately a fair bit trickier.

ReputationRep:
    yeh, i got stuck on the 2nd from last question

ReputationRep:
    Anyone have the paper?

ReputationRep:
    I always flick through a paper to get the feel of it before I actually start answering the questions, and my first thought was, 'WTF? NINE questions?!' I have honestly never seen a nine question C2 paper before- they always go up to 8 from my practice paper experiences.

The last few were horrible, to say the least- I had no idea what to do with that cos/sin one. I'm taking C2 a whole term early, so if I have screwed it up, at least I have an excuse.

I think I'll revise a bit more next time...

ReputationRep:
    lol true... 9 questions compared to 6 (or 7??) in core 1...
    anyhow, that log one had me stumped for 15 minutes... still couldn't do it at the end, it was so obvious wat to do that i just didn't think of it.
    The last question looked hard, but wasn't that hard itself.

ReputationRep:
    I thought this paper was surprisingly easy- i will be gutted if i dont have an A. Core one on the other hand was solid. Already got a C but did it as a retake. Dont think i did any better this time

ReputationRep:
    Hard in comparison to previous years or not? Up to the last couple of pages it was quite good.. last couple of pages had me stumped for a while lol

ReputationRep:
    i think i did quite well, but i messed up on one of the 3^x questions, the one where Y=3^x and you had to substitute Y into the equation

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.