Are Northern Girls Less Attractive? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I'm from Newcastle/Gateshead, went to uni etc. but I have the accent slightly though I speak posh. I'm more "classy" than most of the girls I went to school with (fake tans, hoop earrings, Adidas track suits and chavvy), dress fairly normally although I eat like a real woman so am slightly chubby and around a size 12-14. My family are the "Northern" stereotype, my dad works down a construction site and my mam is a "big lass", we don't have much money. But we are cultured and go to the theatre for Xmas etc.

A lot of guys at uni esp the Southern ones seem to find me less attractive than southern lasses, even though I don't wear as much make up as the Geordie girls despite having dry skin, or go on "drunk nights on t'sesh", I've been told I come across as common though I am quite introverted and possibly a bit stuck up. In fact I spend a lot of my spare time campaigning for human rights, feminism, etc. I am more sexually forward and open and honest (e.g. if a guy's got a face like a rock I tell him!) than a lot of the Southern girls I know. I just want a nice lad who's muscular and looks all "phwooar" with his top off hehe.

Guys, do you prefer Northern or Southern girls?
AuroraNyx
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
To be honest, I just like women.
Danny the Geezer
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by CastCuraga)
To be honest, I just like women.
:tsr:
Danny the Geezer
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Northern girls are less facile and more "real" and down to earth, if you want to base it just on an attribute of looks Southern girls win on conventional terms, but Northern girls have a "je ne sais qoi" girl -next-door feel about them
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Danny the Geezer)
if you want to base it just on an attribute of looks Southern girls win on conventional terms, but Northern girls have a "je ne sais qoi" girl -next-door feel about them
How do Southern girls win on conventional terms?
Notoriety
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Yes.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Notorious_B.I.G.)
Yes.
Why?
username917703
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I'm from Newcastle/Gateshead, went to uni etc. but I have the accent slightly though I speak posh. I'm more "classy" than most of the girls I went to school with (fake tans, hoop earrings, Adidas track suits and chavvy), dress fairly normally although I eat like a real woman so am slightly chubby and around a size 12-14. My family are the "Northern" stereotype, my dad works down a construction site and my mam is a "big lass", we don't have much money. But we are cultured and go to the theatre for Xmas etc.
You sound very arrogant/trying to be something you're not.
Froppy
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I honestly didn't know there was any difference between northern and southern girls apart from accents o_O ...Some accents i find eww like scouse and cockney..oh and the essex accent >_< As to which i prefer...i think i'll just stick with Asian girls :/
Retired_Messiah
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I've found plenty of northern girls attractive in my life. Granted might be just 'cause I'm northern as well but still
AuroraNyx
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Wilfred Little)
You sound very arrogant/trying to be something you're not.
She did at least admit she's "possibly a bit stuck up".
Anonymous #2
Report 2 years ago
Women in England aren't exactly the best looking where ever they are from - not politically correct and offensive to say but the saying British girls are ugly isn't said for no reason
Tootles
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago

A lot of guys at uni esp the Southern ones seem to find me less attractive than southern lasses, even though I don't wear as much make up as the Geordie girls despite having dry skin, or go on "drunk nights on t'sesh", I've been told I come across as common though I am quite introverted and possibly a bit stuck up. In fact I spend a lot of my spare time campaigning for human rights, feminism, etc. I am more sexually forward and open and honest (e.g. if a guy's got a face like a rock I tell him!) than a lot of the Southern girls I know. I just want a nice lad who's muscular and looks all "phwooar" with his top off hehe.

You don't seem very cultured.
Sammylou40
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
OF course us northern girls are best!!!
On the whole northerners are friendlier, more approachable, more down to earth etc than southerners.
awkwardshortguy
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago

Women who are a healthy weight or even underweight eat just as much like 'real' women as you do. But to answer your question women, and so I assume men also, look as ugly (compared to foreigners I have seen (Americans)) in the North East of England, where I live, as they do in East Anglia at least, where I have spent some time, in my experience.
It's****ingWOODY
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
the saying British girls are ugly isn't said for no reason
That's because it isn't said, for any reason. British men and women are commonly ranked very highly in attractiveness polls.
It's****ingWOODY
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Sammylou40)
On the whole northerners are friendlier, more approachable, more down to earth etc than southerners.
I wouldn't say that, some of the *****iest girls I've ever met were northern.
That said, northern, southern, makes no difference to me in terms of attractiveness. Brummie or Bristol accent on a girl are the only regional accents that would make me run a mile :lol:
username917703
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by It's****ingWOODY)
I wouldn't say that, some of the *****iest girls I've ever met were northern.
I'm not sure about the northerners being friendlier thing tbh.

That said, northern, southern, makes no difference to me in terms of attractiveness. Brummie or Bristol accent on a girl are the only regional accents that would make me run a mile :lol:
Hold a neg.
Bored123456789
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
South > North
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Tootles)
You don't seem very cultured.
How?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (161)
19.4%
Labour (422)
50.84%
Liberal Democrats (112)
13.49%
Green Party (46)
5.54%
Brexit Party (12)
1.45%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (4)
0.48%
SNP (14)
1.69%
Plaid Cymru (4)
0.48%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (6)
0.72%
SDLP (1)
0.12%
Ulster Unionist (4)