Jane199999
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Best A-level choices in Weston-Super-Mare in the Weston College? I would be interested in Business (but I didn't like it on the open door day), Biology (I don't really like it but I would like to be a microbiologist), Psychology (I really like it but I wouldn't be a psychologist but if I'd make a business it would be good to use my skills I learn in that course) and Extended Science (but I am not too good at experiments). I would be interested in people's opinions and experiences. You could recommend any other subject which you really like and think it would be good and useful in the future!!! Thank you
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Jane199999)
Best A-level choices in Weston-Super-Mare in the Weston College? I would be interested in Business (but I didn't like it on the open door day), Biology (I don't really like it but I would like to be a microbiologist), Psychology (I really like it but I wouldn't be a psychologist but if I'd make a business it would be good to use my skills I learn in that course) and Extended Science (but I am not too good at experiments). I would be interested in people's opinions and experiences. You could recommend any other subject which you really like and think it would be good and useful in the future!!! Thank you
Do you intend to go to university? If so consider what degree you migh like to do and what the entrance requirements are. For certain degree you need certain subjects and all unis you require a certain level of grades.

In this case you need to choose the A levels that will be an acceptable subject and that you can achieve the correct grade in.

Look at the A levels available and consider which subjects you enjoy or are allowed to do.

Its then just a case of narrowing them down till you have the best/ most suitable combination where you stand the best chance of success.

Read this article.

https://university.which.co.uk/advic...-level-choices

A levels for business

https://university.which.co.uk/advic...study-business

there aere no set A levels for business, but a few helpful ones.

You could do business and economics, business and accounts or business and maths. As your third you could do psychology if you wished.

Always check the entrance requirements for the unis you wish to apply to.
Jane199999
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by 999tigger)
Do you intend to go to university? If so consider what degree you migh like to do and what the entrance requirements are. For certain degree you need certain subjects and all unis you require a certain level of grades.

In this case you need to choose the A levels that will be an acceptable subject and that you can achieve the correct grade in.

Look at the A levels available and consider which subjects you enjoy or are allowed to do.

Its then just a case of narrowing them down till you have the best/ most suitable combination where you stand the best chance of success.

Read this article.

https://university.which.co.uk/advic...-level-choices

A levels for business

https://university.which.co.uk/advic...study-business

there aere no set A levels for business, but a few helpful ones.

You could do business and economics, business and accounts or business and maths. As your third you could do psychology if you wished.

Always check the entrance requirements for the unis you wish to apply to.

Thank you very much! Your reply is very helpful!! I am not sure if I want to do University but I would do a marketing, biotechnology or microtechnology course if I would do so.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Jane199999)
Thank you very much! Your reply is very helpful!! I am not sure if I want to do University but I would do a marketing, biotechnology or microtechnology course if I would do so.
Then look up those courses , see what they involve and also what they require for entrance. Doing the research is a large part of helping you decide.

Think what are you good at and like.
What interests you?
What career will you do and what are the job prospects.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (675)
33.62%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (856)
42.63%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (386)
19.22%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (91)
4.53%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise