Charlotte2111
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Thinking of choosing Psychology as an A-Level, was just wondering if anyone on here has studied it as an A-Level and what people’s thoughts on it are/ how they found it as an A-Level?
brionylooby
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hey, I’m doing it at the moment. It is very interesting and very full on. We’re into the 3 month of study and we all have full folders already, however, in our school, a level psychology has one of the highest pass rates. For over 10 years everyone at our Sixth (located in Worcestershire), has passed with at least a B. Very worth it and very interesting.
Charlotte2111
Rep:
?
(Original post by brionylooby)
Hey, I’m doing it at the moment. It is very interesting and very full on. We’re into the 3 month of study and we all have full folders already, however, in our school, a level psychology has one of the highest pass rates. For over 10 years everyone at our Sixth (located in Worcestershire), has passed with at least a B. Very worth it and very interesting.
Thank you for replying and yes I have heard it’s quite full on, but definitely sounds very interesting, I think it’ll be a definite a-level that I’d like to take!
AnnaBanana2000
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Charlotte2111)
Thinking of choosing Psychology as an A-Level, was just wondering if anyone on here has studied it as an A-Level and what people’s thoughts on it are/ how they found it as an A-Level?
Hi, I'm in Year 12 taking Psychology Edexcel. What exam board does your school do (if you know)? Do you have any questions for me? It's my favourite subject and I want to do it at uni xx
h.findlay321
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I finished A level psychology last year and am so glad I took it. I struggled at the start of L6th but soon got the hang of it and came out with an A at A2. There is a lot of content but as long as you stay on top of it all you will love it!
SK???
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Well I’ve just started doing psychology at alevel but it is a lot of studies to remember so keep that in mind but enough with the scary part of choosing psychology so... psychology is very interesting and recently I just conducted my own experiment in class on a group of younger kids . However some people thought before they came into psychology thought it would be about how to read minds and tell people’s feeling but after they were told it’s not they felt quite embarrassed as they didn’t do their research into psychology so bear that in mind - do your research of psychology before choosing a subject which you’ll have to do for two full years . Sorry if I sound like I’m ranting at you i was trying hard not to sound like I am
Charlotte2111
Rep:
?
(Original post by SK???)
Well I’ve just started doing psychology at alevel but it is a lot of studies to remember so keep that in mind but enough with the scary part of choosing psychology so... psychology is very interesting and recently I just conducted my own experiment in class on a group of younger kids . However some people thought before they came into psychology thought it would be about how to read minds and tell people’s feeling but after they were told it’s not they felt quite embarrassed as they didn’t do their research into psychology so bear that in mind - do your research of psychology before choosing a subject which you’ll have to do for two full years . Sorry if I sound like I’m ranting at you i was trying hard not to sound like I am
haha you’re not ranting don’t worry! And yes I’ve done research on what the subjects content involves and it definitely interests me particularly the forensic psychology, so I think it’ll be an almost definite a-level that I’d like to choose!
username3479192
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
A level Psychology is very interesting. If you can, check out the textbook to see what’s involved. It’s not self analysis and easy though, it covers all sorts of topics and you learn what researchers have found and what theories and ideas exist about how people think, behave and interact.
Charlotte2111
Rep:
?
(Original post by h.findlay321)
I finished A level psychology last year and am so glad I took it. I struggled at the start of L6th but soon got the hang of it and came out with an A at A2. There is a lot of content but as long as you stay on top of it all you will love it!
Aw yeah, it’s definetely an a-level that I’d like to do because the content sounds so interesting! What is your favourite part of psychology that you study?
Charlotte2111
Rep:
?
(Original post by AnnaBanana2000)
Hi, I'm in Year 12 taking Psychology Edexcel. What exam board does your school do (if you know)? Do you have any questions for me? It's my favourite subject and I want to do it at uni xx
Hi, I’m not 100% sure what exam board we do, but I was wondering if you do the criminal/forensic part of psychology and if you do what do you think of it? I know our exam boards may be different so the content may also not be exactly the same but thought I’d ask anyway
AnnaBanana2000
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi, I’m not 100% sure what exam board we do, but I was wondering if you do the criminal/forensic part of psychology and if you do what do you think of it? I know our exam boards may be different so the content may also not be exactly the same but thought I’d ask anyway
I haven't done criminal psychology yet. So far, I've learnt Biological and Social Psych
h.findlay321
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Aw yeah, it’s definetely an a-level that I’d like to do because the content sounds so interesting! What is your favourite part of psychology that you study?
Definitely the forensic and biopsychology sections as well as memory!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (150)
37.78%
Take autumn exams (123)
30.98%
Look for a job (14)
3.53%
Consider an apprenticeship (17)
4.28%
Take a year out (68)
17.13%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (25)
6.3%

Watched Threads