Turn on thread page Beta

Retail watch

Announcements
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by DancinBallerina)
    Might sound mad but I would like to work in a high street store, ie River Island, New Look and etc as I know it will be something I enjoy - fashion. I badly want to get away from Asda. Although I said to myself that I wouldn't bother agencies, I might give them a try again, see how far I get.
    You were only just applying for them before - what went wrong?

Oh and I tried to get a high street retail job for about 9 months before I found one, and that was with plenty of experience.

(Original post by -x-Nina-x-)
    You were only just applying for them before - what went wrong?

Oh and I tried to get a high street retail job for about 9 months before I found one, and that was with plenty of experience.
    I can't stand it! I have tried going to different departments and im being fed crap stories of ''there are no positions'' when each week i see new people. So im lookin for something asap and then i am off. I cant stand the people that work there and i can't stand the snotty arse management team either.

No-one talks to me either. I make the effort but people just turn their noses up at me and walk away. Only time when someone does talk to me is when they see me doing something different to what they have been taught and I hear ''Excuse me girl, your doing it wrong''.

ReputationRep:
    I hate workinga t Retail! I work for New Look and our store is massive, we get shouted at for not opening account cards and when we do ring up Ikano (account place) tehy shout at you and hang up!! Im 17 and get 5.52 an hour which is good but its stressful last weke I got underpaid by 60 pounds and the woman in charge of our wages is on holiday so can't sort it out and when she's back it might be too late. I want a new job but at 17 I can't be to picky. We get 50% discount which is great but seriously you have to have a lot of patience!

ReputationRep:
    I work in retail full time, I actually quite like it! I work in a mens store (Burton) and I must say, much better than working in a womens store! The pays not great (I'm on £5.60 p/h plus commission) but I know that at Arcadia (so Butons, DPs Top Shop, Top Man, Wallis, Evans etc) all the 16+ kids get the over 21s minimum wage so everyone is on at least £5.52. Unfortunatly they did this the month I turned 18 so i worked from 16-18 on between £3.62 and £4.15! Still, good to know if you're applying!

ReputationRep:
    i work at marks and spencer and get 6.02 an hour and time and a half on sunday. I am only 16 so I am happy with that.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.