Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

15 and pregnant what do i do watch

ReputationRep:
    really scared i am pregnant and just 15 but the boy told me who slept with me that i couldnt get pregnant on my first time he now wants nothing to do with it help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Missy T)
    really scared i am pregnant and just 15 but the boy told me who slept with me that i couldnt get pregnant on my first time he now wants nothing to do with it help
    Yeah you're screwed completely. There I said it. Being brutally and utterly honest with you here. Unless you get an abortion.

I don't mean to scare you, but if you're pregnant at age 15, depending on your birthday you won't even be able to do GCSEs, you'll have to redo the whole two (maybe one) year(s), and you'll be well behind everyone else. This will cause a ripple effect that will ruin a lot of future things. And this goes for the child's father, they are legally the parent and will be paying benefits most likely (assuming you can't get an abortion). The fact that he wants "nothing to do with it" is absolutely terrible and you should be angry at him. He should know he probably just ****ed up a lot of things for himself.

I hope you are a troll. If you are actually a troll, then gtfo this forum for wasting people's time.

ReputationRep:
    I’ll assume you’re not trolling.
    Of course you can get pregnant first time. It entirely depends where you are in your cycle.
    Go see your gp. If you’re not you need some proper contraception advice

ReputationRep:
    You need talk to your parents/guardian about the situation.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Tell someone you trust. Like a family member or a adult and they will help you get the support you need.

Get an abortion pill quickly

ReputationRep:
    Assuming you're not a troll, speak to your parents. Not sure what your parents are like but if they're good parents they'll help you work out what to do.
    Your best option will be to get an abortion as if not you're risking your GCSEs.
    In the future you should probably research safe sex beforehand.

ReputationRep:
    You need to talk to an adult you can trust or visit your gp, they can give you appropriate advice.

ReputationRep:
    I am going to assume this isn't a troll post because maybe someone who is actually in this situation might come across this and use the posts here for advice.

You have 3 choices - continue with the pregnancy and keep the child, continue with the pregnancy and put the baby up for adoption and abortion. Its your choice and each choice has its pros and cons. I would suggest talking to a trusted family member or even a friend. Its a very big decision to have on your shoulders, at any age, let alone so young. I was faced with this situation but I was a bit older than what OP stated she is and I can only say what I did - I had an abortion. I don't regret it at all and it was 100% the right decision for both me and my now husband. If this is a serious post or anyone else ever reads this and needs advice on this subject, I am more than happy to help.

Like I said, its your call. Take some time to think about all your options but don't wait too long either as the further time goes on, the more limited your choices become. I would say having an abortion is the absolute best call given your age, maturity and for your future but again, I believe the call should be the woman's.

Whatever you decide to do, please invest in some contraception for the future. I was on the pill and it failed but its rare. I've been on a new pill for 6 years now and never had a failure on it, I just got unlucky with the first pill. If pills aren't for you, there's other long term contraceptives available such as the coil or implant. At the very least, use condoms.
    • Community Assistant

Community Assistant
    I definitely recommend getting an abortion. As much as I don't really like the idea of one, I think your situation calls for it. If I had a baby at 15, there's no way I could have gotten to where I am now (first year of uni). You're so young. You'll be able to provide a much better life in 10 years for a baby, but not now. It seems like the sex education system has really failed if at 15 you think your first time means no chance of pregnancy.

In future, do you research before you have sex and use contraception. The pill, coil, implant, injections, condoms. There's so many.

Please talk to your parents or someone you trust. Go and see your doctor to discuss your options more seriously. As for the father, well he sounds like a d*ck but focus on yourself now. Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    take this as an opportunity.. talk to some legal counselors school nurse for advice..
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Abort it, you'll have a **** life and so will the baby

ReputationRep:
    Probably a troll but if not get an abortion!

ReputationRep:
    RE: Bold bit: What?

To answer the question, I'd say have it. If you have the resources (e.g. parents, extended relatives, money) to look after it, do so. If not give up for adoption (if you want to permanently cut ties) or fostering. But I'm not a counsellor and it's your body and baby so ultimately it's down to you

15, & you believed what this boy told you. Do yourself a favour please don’t listen to boys.
    You need to tell some adult. Not your best friend just yet. (She is probably also 15) or take yourself to a health clinic - where you can get help and they won’t judge you. And more importantly they won’t laugh at you.

Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    Troll... just saying

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by President Hawk)
    Troll... just saying
    Attachments Pending Approval
  1. File Type: jpg Sarcastic-Face-2.jpg (56.7 KB)

ReputationRep:
    scared about what. you're set for life now. free council flat, free monies, never having to work. you've got it made!

ReputationRep:
    If you believed someone who you told you you can't get pregnant on the first try you probably shouldn't be having sex ngl.

ReputationRep:
    Name it heaven then send it there.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 24, 2017
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.