Man wins in women's competition Watch

This discussion is closed.
yudothis
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by AlexKis)
Society pays too much attention to the gender issues. That is not something that should be a reason to argue and fight. Be clever
It is when men try to take things away from women.
Dima-Blackburn
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by yudothis)
You don't even understand the difference between sex and gender. And here you are trying to say you know more than the person who has done it all his life. Sad.
Sad? What are you, a Trumplet?

You said all that matters is the level. So why can't women up theirs, as long as they aren't above the threshold?
If they have a medical condition that requires the use of hormone therapy, sure. But you appear to be confusing anti-doping issues with the transgendering process. Hormone therapy does not provide athletes with the same type of advantages that athletes gain from using substances and procedures banned under the World Anti-Doping Code.

He was a mediocre male weightlifter. Decides he wants to be something and tries to compete as a woman. Takes a few hormones and is a "woman". His entire life his body and mind were male. His nervous system is adapted to being male, his muscle memory.
Constantly misgendering someone, assuming ulterior motives based on a bad understanding of biology and the use of quotations to demean a transwoman reveals your unfortunate ignorance and transphobia.

You have absolutely no problem with the fact that a mediocre male decides to take some hormones and then gets to compete with women?
Loaded question. As if transgender people don’t already face significant challenges with discrimination and abuse (especially in sports), you have the nerve to attack a transwoman for merely winning a competition. It’s a good thing scientifically illiterate transphobes like you aren’t deciding the rules; the evidence for transwomen retaining significant athletic advantage is practically non-existent: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5357259/
username2424985
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Men have been taking from women since the beginning of time.
As Dima-Blackburn said, I'm pretty sure the relevant authorities have got a way of dealing with the biological disparity that's fair. If it weren't fair, there'd be more of a ruckus from professional athletes. Why don't you complain about issues that affect millions or billions of people around the world, like income inequality or global warming. Do something productive with your time on this forum.
gobsmacked777
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
http://www.newshub.co.nz/home/sport/...ames-team.html

Any pro-trans people/activists want to justify this?
There are a fair number of undeclared transgenders participating in women's professional sports, including tennis.
gobsmacked777
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It is the New World Order Transgender Agenda behind this.
Chief Wiggum
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Surely we should just scrap separate gender competitions in sports anyway? In this era of equality, surely men and women should be treated as equals?
RivalPlayer
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Women will be the biggest losers as a result of this gender fluidity and self identification bs.
Changing rooms, toilets, prisons, competitive events - when gender is reduced to a form-filling exercise, more men masquerading as women will be able to legally enter domains that were once exclusively for women.

And if women should happen to feel uncomfortable or disadvantaged then tough luck: they are just being "intolerant" and "transphobic". You're already seeing the beginnings of womanhood being slowly eroded through language reforms in order to accommodate the new LGBT vision of society; the British Medical Association's call to rename expectant mothers "pregnant people" being a recent example. It's just the beginning.
AperfectBalance
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by RivalPlayer)
Women will be the biggest losers as a result of this gender fluidity and self identification bs.
Changing rooms, toilets, prisons, competitive events - when gender is reduced to a form-filling exercise, more men masquerading as women will be able to legally enter domains that were once exclusively for women.

And if women should happen to feel uncomfortable or disadvantaged then tough luck: they are just being "intolerant" and "transphobic". You're already seeing the beginnings of womanhood being slowly eroded through language reforms in order to accommodate the new LGBT vision of society; the British Medical Association's call to rename expectant mothers "pregnant people" being a recent example. It's just the beginning.

Society will have the biggest loss, we have gone from progressive to madness, we are witnessing the destruction of society and most just stand back and some even welcome it. I think within 30+ years we will have a massive crisis due to this all, something bigger than WW2.
RivalPlayer
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by AperfectBalance)
Society will have the biggest loss, we have gone from progressive to madness, we are witnessing the destruction of society and most just stand back and some even welcome it. I think within 30+ years we will have a massive crisis due to this all, something bigger than WW2.
Yeah, the UK is rather proud about "progressing" its way towards oblivion. Many are happy to sit by and let the ideas of utter lunatics flourish.What's troubling, but not surprising is that these gender fanatics are increasingly warping the minds of children; they are deliberately encouraging identity confusion among the young to further their ideology.

The Western societies that advance this sort of stuff are only furthering their own demographic demise. Stronger groups that are more resistant to these ideas will pick up the slack.
yudothis
Rep:
?
(Original post by Dima-Blackburn)
Sad? What are you, a Trumplet?

If they have a medical condition that requires the use of hormone therapy, sure. But you appear to be confusing anti-doping issues with the transgendering process. Hormone therapy does not provide athletes with the same type of advantages that athletes gain from using substances and procedures banned under the World Anti-Doping Code.

Constantly misgendering someone, assuming ulterior motives based on a bad understanding of biology and the use of quotations to demean a transwoman reveals your unfortunate ignorance and transphobia.

Loaded question. As if transgender people don’t already face significant challenges with discrimination and abuse (especially in sports), you have the nerve to attack a transwoman for merely winning a competition. It’s a good thing scientifically illiterate transphobes like you aren’t deciding the rules; the evidence for transwomen retaining significant athletic advantage is practically non-existent: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5357259/
All you got is the label "transphobic"?

Well I got one for you, misogynist. Stop advocating the appropriation of women.
yudothis
Rep:
?
(Original post by plklupu)
As Dima-Blackburn said, I'm pretty sure the relevant authorities have got a way of dealing with the biological disparity that's fair. If it weren't fair, there'd be more of a ruckus from professional athletes. Why don't you complain about issues that affect millions or billions of people around the world, like income inequality or global warming. Do something productive with your time on this forum.
This issue affects roughly 3.6 billion people on Earth - every woman that wants to compete in a female sport, but is beaten by a man. So telling of typical trans activists to dismiss women, 50% of the population, but fight for less than half a percent.
yudothis
Rep:
?
(Original post by RivalPlayer)

How the **** can less than half a percent of the population exert such power over society. That is ****ed up.
YaliaV
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by plklupu)
Yes, there are millions of starving Africans, so let's not discuss anything else. Let's get rid of this whole site, as it is full of first world problems and privilege Do you realise how ridiculous you sound?

The relevant authorities are being forced to act in a particular way lest they be called "transphobic". Nobody else is allowed to present a contrary view either, which is very dangerous.
yudothis
Rep:
?
(Original post by YaliaV)
Yes, there are millions of starving Africans, so let's not discuss anything else. Let's get rid of this whole site, as it is full of first world problems and privilege Do you realise how ridiculous you sound?

The relevant authorities are being forced to act in a particular way lest they be called "transphobic". Nobody else is allowed to present a contrary view either, which is very dangerous.
Us too, we have had our differences in the past, but I see eye to eye with you on this matter. This silencing is dangerous. Professional athletes are a) speaking up and b) feel threatened into silence lest they be labelled "transphobic".
Ninja Squirrel
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I don't agree with allowing transgenders to participate in their new genders sports teams because genetically they are still men! They have the strength of men...

Imagine if Anthony Joshua identified as transgender, suddenly he can compete in women's boxing? Cmon...
Ninja Squirrel
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Chief Wiggum)
Surely we should just scrap separate gender competitions in sports anyway? In this era of equality, surely men and women should be treated as equals?
Well no because women wouldn't win any sports at all. I think for the purpose of sport separating men from women is just common sense and allows both genders to enjoy the sport and have a fair competition.
Plantagenet Crown
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Chief Wiggum)
Don’t know if this post is a parody or not, but doing as you propose clearly wouldn’t work. While men and women should be equal in terms of job opportunity, it’s basic biology that men are superior in virtually all fields of sport, strength and physical prowess. Women would never or very rarely win anything if they had to compete against men.
Mighty SSD
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Dima-Blackburn)
What’s there to justify? Provided her testosterone levels were below 10 nanomoles per liter for at least 12 months prior to the competition, there’s nothing to justify.
Apart from the fact that she looks like the Hulk...
Chief Wiggum
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Ninja Squirrel)
Well no because women wouldn't win any sports at all. I think for the purpose of sport separating men from women is just common sense and allows both genders to enjoy the sport and have a fair competition.
So then if the standard isn't as good (which is what you are saying), why do people say that women's sport deserves equal coverage and priority to men's?
Chief Wiggum
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
Don’t know if this post is a parody or not, but doing as you propose clearly wouldn’t work. While men and women should be equal in terms of job opportunity, it’s basic biology that men are superior in virtually all fields of sport, strength and physical prowess. Women would never or very rarely win anything if they had to compete against men.
So using this logic, should short men have their own basketball league?

Should we separate out sprinting events by ethnicity?

Should people with low IQ scores sit different A Level papers than people with high IQ scores?
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (128)
17.9%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (73)
10.21%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (123)
17.2%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (103)
14.41%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (70)
9.79%
How can I be the best version of myself? (218)
30.49%

Watched Threads