The Student Room Group

Am I eligible for a tuition fee loan, and the teacher training bursary?

I am a non-uk EU national since birth.
I have been resident in a non-Eu country before I came to the UK for fully time education as an EU student.
I am intending on going into teacher training for physics starting in the year 2018.
I will have been resident in the EU (in the UK specifically) for 3 years before the start of my ITT course in 2018.
During the 3 years in the UK, I have been studying on an undergraduate course in physics.

Does this make me eligible for a tuition fee loan (and in extension, the government teacher training bursary?)
Original post by Alexander.S
I am a non-uk EU national since birth.
I have been resident in a non-Eu country before I came to the UK for fully time education as an EU student.
I am intending on going into teacher training for physics starting in the year 2018.
I will have been resident in the EU (in the UK specifically) for 3 years before the start of my ITT course in 2018.
During the 3 years in the UK, I have been studying on an undergraduate course in physics.

Does this make me eligible for a tuition fee loan (and in extension, the government teacher training bursary?)

Hi Alexander,

What is your nationality? What is your current VISA status in the UK?

Warm regards,

Shaun.
Reply 2
I am a Swedish national with no need for any visa at all to be in the UK. Thank you Shaun.
I am a Swedish national with no need for any visa at all to be in the UK. Thank you Shaun.

Hi Alexander,

You would need to contact the Teaching Agency on 0800 389 2500 regarding the bursary.

As en EU student you would get the tuition fees covered.

Warm regards,

Shaun.
Reply 4
The phone number you have provided seems to be incorrect as it is "not registered on network".

That is great news. So I will be able to receive a 0 £ tuition fee loan, which is a condition of getting the teacher training grant.

To be clear, it does not matter that my purpose of being in the EU (uk) 3 years before my teacher training was for the purpose of full time education? That does not matter?
The phone number you have provided seems to be incorrect as it is "not registered on network".

That is great news. So I will be able to receive a 0 £ tuition fee loan, which is a condition of getting the teacher training grant.

To be clear, it does not matter that my purpose of being in the EU (uk) 3 years before my teacher training was for the purpose of full time education? That does not matter?

Hi Alexander,

I think it may just be closed for the weekend.

You can get their information here also: https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/national-college-for-teaching-and-leadership

It doesn't matter that you are here for the purpose of study as an EU student. You can apply for the Tuition Fees.

Warm regards,

Shaun.
Reply 6
Original post by Shaun D SFE
Hi Alexander,

I think it may just be closed for the weekend.

You can get their information here also: https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/national-college-for-teaching-and-leadership

It doesn't matter that you are here for the purpose of study as an EU student. You can apply for the Tuition Fees.

Warm regards,

Shaun.

Thank you very much, Shaun!
Cheers

Quick Reply

Latest