Warwick English Offer Holders 2018

Watch
phoebecarys
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hey guys! I'm 99% decided that I'm going firm Warwick so thought I'd start a thread here for us English offer holders, just to chat for a lil bit of motivation too!! ^_^
I guess we should start by introducing ourselves!
Name: Phoebe
A Levels: English Literature, English Language, Religious Studies
Course: English Literature (Q300)
Offer: AAA or A*AB
Firm/Insurance? Firm
Other Choices/Offers: I've got an offer for English at Exeter :P
Predicted Grades (if you want to share): AAA
Why English @ Warwick? I found the subject presentations on the open days really engaging and fascinating, never been more excited to learn tbh (which is saying something... I'm a bit of a nerd lol) and the whole campus/atmosphere just seemed amazing really. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ for an English student it's ironic that I'm not sure exactly to to explain it lol 😂
Anything else? Just a bit anxious about actually getting the grades now, but mostly I'm excited! Looking forward to the offer holder days too!
jesslaurahughes
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
hiya phoebe!!! i wanna join in because i’m gonna make warwick my firm choice too ☺️
name: jess
a levels: english literature, government and politics and drama and theatre studies
course: english literature (Q300)
offer: AAA or A*AB
firm/insurance: firm
other offers: unconditionals from kent, brighton and surrey and conditional from sheffield all to do literature
predicted grades: AAA
why english @ warwick?: ever since i stumbled upon the warwick website when i was 15 i’ve desperately wanted to do a degree there. visiting the campus on open days only cemented my passion for the university because the facilities are amazing, the campus is beautiful and every single student and lecturer i spoke to was so passionate and genuine - i felt an instant connection with the atmosphere!
anything else? same as phoebe, super anxious about getting the grades, working desperately hard at the moment and spending any free time i have doing extra work! feel free to follow my studygram @revisionmotivate, that’s where i post my revision and it might help motivate u guys!!
DanielHarrington
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
It's a bit late but I've gotten an offer to do English and Creative Writing (along with an offer for straight English but that was just in case I was rejected).
Name: Daniel
A Levels: English Literature, History, Maths
Course: English Literature and Creative Writing
Offer: AAA or A*AB
Firm/Insurance? Firm
Other Choices/Offers: English and Creative Writing at Nottingham, English at Warwick, English at Southampton
Predicted Grades (if you want to share): A*AA
Why English @ Warwick? I wasn't a big fan of the campus at first but after going to the subject lectures I really enjoyed listening to them speak about the subject and I'm quite excited about the course.
i8acaroline
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hii, I've just discovered this thread and since I am currently thinking about firming Warwick I wanted to join!

Name: Caroline
IB Diploma (in my case): HL: English Literature, Spanish B, Economics. SL: Biology, Maths, Film
Course: English Literature with Creative Writing
Offer: 38 point in the IB Diploma with 666 in HL
Firm/Insurance? Firm if I do not get a scholarship for any US university (will find out in April)
Other Choices/Offers: Creative Writing at Brunel, Creative Writing at Birkbeck, English and Creative Writing at Manchester
Predicted Grades (if you want to share): 41 in the IB Diploma with 776 at HL (not sure if I will actually get these grades though)
Why English @ Warwick? I think that Warwick is very modern and I feel like it would be the right amount of a challenge for me. Moreover, I want to become a writer and I think that this course could contribute to that.
Anything else? Just some more information about me; I am a German student that currently studies in the Canary islands (for the last two years). English is my second language and Spanish my third; I take most of my classes in school in English and the rest in Spanish. I am good at Literature in general and my love for English is why I want to study literature in this language. However, I sometimes worry that the language will be a burden for me at times (*cough*cough* poetry). I mean I am doing well in HL English Literature but university is one step further I think.... Anyways; very excited!
E.Mower
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Name: Ella
A Levels: English Literature, Government & Politics, Geography
Course: English Literature (Q300)
Offer: AAA/A*AB
Firm/Insurance? Firm
Other Choices/Offers: Birmingham, UEA, Kent and Surrey
Predicted Grades (if you want to share): A*AA
Why English @ Warwick? I fell in love with the campus and the course! Now I just have to hope that I get the grades...
Phoebee1998
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Name: Phoebe.
A-levels: English Literature, History, Sociology, Psychology.
Offer: I already have my grades so I just need to send them my exam certificates.
Firm/Insurance: not sure yet, I need to have a good look around.
Other Choices/Offers: Edinburgh for English Literature, Durham for Liberal Arts.
Why English @ Warwick? I really love the look of the course. I just need to look round now.

What did everyone else think of the campus and feel of the place?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (287)
56.05%
I don't have everything I need (225)
43.95%

Watched Threads