The Student Room Group

A-level French

Hey,

I'm currently in year 12, and I study English Lit, History and Maths. I've always loved French, and scored A in GCSE. When choosing my A-Levels though, the assessment procedure worried me - not that I thought I couldn't do it, but in my GCSE I had a panic attack in one of the speaking and writing exams and that put unease in my mind I suppose.
I did a trial for French before October half-term, as I was considering dropping maths (I'm struggling there slightly) , and knew I would be fine doing it, but the teacher failed most of her class last year, and still I wasn't reassured at that time about my fears. I decided it was best to carry on learning in my own time.
Recently though, I realise that maybe learning it in my own time isn't good enough for getting to where I want to be. I would really like to do French A-Level and gain a qualification outside of school.
I was wondering if this is a good idea, and if so, are there any particular types of place I would need to go (school won't let me add it on as it is past October), such as college or schools on the weekends.
Sorry for the lengthiness! I live in Surrey, but I know not everyone will be familiar with that area at all, so generalising is absolutely fine.

Thanks!
How do you feel the workload is at the moment? Trying to arrange to study another A-level outside of school takes discipline and more of your time. As well as studying at your college, you will need to complete your work for French as well as pay to study. Consider the pros and cons, and if it would really benefit you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending