The Student Room Group

Manchester 6th Form College [HELP]

Can't decide which college is best for me. Been going to a single-sex grammar school for the past 5 years, and although it gets good results every year, I want to go somewhere that is mixed and has more people so that I can make new friends etc.
The subjects I am interested in studying are:
Maths, Economics and Computing (maybe physics)
Been to the Sir John Deanes open day and it looks nice but unsure as have heard that, contrary to my opinions on the open day, it is quite a common school that has a lot of badly behaved people in it...
Also been to Loreto college open day and although it ticks a lot of boxes, it isn't in the best area and I've heard that (i am not a racist) it proves difficult to make friendships with the hugely mixed ethnicity base of the college.
Other than that not really looked at many other colleges/schools.
Really im looking for a perfect place that I can get good results and be happy with my education, but also have a healthy social life and good friends. Hopefully someone can shed some insight as to what I might be best doing / Help me with personal experiences.
Thanks.
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

Quick Reply

Latest