The Student Room Group

Is it worth reapplying after being rejected pre-interview?

Hey guys,
Another broken-hearted Oxford reject here. I applied to PPE at Christ Church and got rejection yesterday. My personal statement was very strong (at least that’s what my advisor has told me) but I got extremely stressed at TSA and most likely completely ****ed up. I’ve been dreaming of Oxford since I was 13, so my first thought was to apply next year (if my A level results allow it of course), but I already have an offer from UCL, so I’m not sure if turning it down to reapply to Oxford is very wise. Or maybe it’s possible to reapply while studying at uni? Does the fact of applying for a second time reduce chances of getting in?
Reply 1
course?

the uni doesn't make you; you do

also no offense being obsessed with a uni since you were 13 is quite moronic
Original post by kokaled
course?

90% of the time I would agree, but Oxford PPE's alumni is insane.
Original post by kokaled
course?

the op answered the first question in his first sentence.

with the second imo there's nothing wrong with aspiring to get into a particular uni but obviously it isn't very healthy to obsess too much.

To the OP: UCL is a pretty superb uni. If I were you, I'd just go with that. Maybe a tad disappointing but you'd still be going to one of the best universities in the country.
Original post by kokaled
course?

Well, we all have dreams and goals, I just found mine quite early. But I know it sounds like I’m insane.
Reply 5
Original post by ola.walczak2308
Well, we all have dreams and goals, I just found mine quite early. But I know it sounds like I’m insane.

are you sure it was your dream, or your parent's ?
Original post by kokaled
are you sure it was your dream, or your parent's ?

Definitely mine, I’m not British so my parents would rather have me at home, with them.
Reply 7
A place difference between them on.

Also, many people from oxford after graduating they are moving to london. So you are in a good place anyway.

If you want to apply again you can do it. You would not lose you place at UCL/Durham. You would need a reference from your UCL's teachers.

Also, ask a college from oxford for more details.

Good luck

Quick Reply

Latest