Talking about NCS in personal statement

Watch
squashetti
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I'm trying to write a statement to apply to biological sciences and need to include some personal skills of mine. I took part in NCS but I'm not sure how to include that and make it seem cohesive

could you help, please?
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Talk about team work. Talk about the skills which are related to biological science and put them in and how they’ll help you on the course
dayoogunde
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
i talked about how it taught me leadership skills, public-speaking skills, communication within a team & with the elderly, but only put things if those skills will be helpful on your course/in the career it will lead to
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by squashetti)
I'm trying to write a statement to apply to biological sciences and need to include some personal skills of mine. I took part in NCS but I'm not sure how to include that and make it seem cohesive

could you help, please?
With anything in your ps focus on the details. Explain something you enjoyed or something that was difficult. Explain what you would do differently with hindsight.

DON’T just list “skills” that your experience “gave” you. SHOW don’t tell. Give an example of a time you DEMONSTRATED a skill.

For life science courses there’s no real requirement for extra curricular activities/skills. You will be judged on your academics for an academic course.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you worried that a cap in student numbers would affect your place at uni?

Yes (222)
60.99%
No (76)
20.88%
Not sure (66)
18.13%

Watched Threads